- Do you usually avoid negotiations because you find them uncomfortable?
- Do you spend long nights wide awake when you have to climb out of bed the next morning before sunrise to negotiate one thing or another?
- Do lots of your negotiations bring about misunderstandings rather than new worthwhile enterprises?
- Have you ever dreamed that you could fly through a deal without being seen as hostile or overconfident?
If your response to the majority of these questions is YES, then you need a 'helping hand' and if you attempt to focus on these next useful points, you'll find that negotiating is easy and learnable.
In every aspect of business, negotiation has a key role to play. You are negotiating every day when communicating within any business or organization. You negotiate constantly with colleagues, employees, clients and business partners.
Successful negotiation involves developing the mindset to negotiate and mastering the key elements of negotiation - preparation, clear objectives, people, content, process (bargaining and consensus building), style, strategies, tactics, communication and handling objections.
It's usually the variety of expectations, emotions and strategies involved that really applies the pressure to the negotiator, which easily can - and often does steer the process in the wrong direction.
To ensure this negotiation workshop yields the results required, the trainer utilizes the latest research and information incorporating a series of top notch methodologies. Sign up today to see for yourself how our negotiation workshop will deliver faster and better results plus experience the major improvements made to your current negotiation style.
This "Negotiation Strategies For Success" course will arm you with a framework plus a plethora of tools, techniques, skills, strategies and tactics you can apply to achieve the outcome desired. It also provides a systematic and practical structure which all negotiators whether amateur or experienced can learn and improve from preparation stage to successful commitment. During the process you will also get to hone and sharpen your communication and interpersonal skills.
To gain proficiency in negotiation requires practice, so the course provides you with tips for competent pre-negotiation planning and working in pairs or small teams to prepare for situations and different scenarios that require negotiation. This is training tailored for you!
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Lay the groundwork and gain the skills necessary for successfully negotiating the outcome desired
- Determine the content and preparation - clear objectives, information sharing and avoid giving away too much
- Evaluate your level of confidence and mind set - always know if the other side is telling the truth and learn to get what you want without generating bad feelings
- Establish and build rapport, influence, persuasiveness by engaging and connecting with the right ambience
- Strive for negotiation strategies that are advantageous for everyone by arriving at win-win outcomes by identifying mutual gain
- Understand about power, authority, concessions and counter offers in negotiation
- Practice tactics to prevent and break deadlocks
- Developeffective proposals, bargaining structures and best alternatives
- Demonstrate how to reach a consensus and set the terms of agreement
- Deal with contradictions and objections within negotiations - turn objections into business agreements
- Apply negotiating concepts WATNA, BATNA, WAP & ZOPA to solve everyday problem
- Manage personal attacks, high emotions, objections, difficult conversations and other challenging issues
Who Must Attend
All personnel who want to obtain the tools and to master the skills, techniques and strategies to negotiate a win-win deal for their companies as well as to accelerate negotiation capabilities. Including Managers, Department Heads, Functional Managers, Executives, Supervisors in sales, marketing, customer service, human resource, purchasing, production, support and administrative functions. Also for anyone who is required to come up with novel solutions when faced with problems or who has to make decisions at an organizational level.
2 DAYS TRAINING
MODULE 1: STRATEGIC NEGOTIATION - WHAT IS IT?
- Assessment and profiling - personality, behavior, style of working, strengths and weakness as a negotiator
- Apply the components of negotiation - process, content, clear objectives, people, approach, style, strategies, tactics
- Process of negotiation - R.O.B.E.F.
- Set objectives and goals - be very clear what you intend to achieve
- Adopting a positive negotiation mindset
- Personality Profiling - Give You an Edge and to Build Powerful Relationships
- Assessment - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Video on Negotiation - Discussion and Lessons Learnt
- Preparation - Factors to Keep in Mind
MODULE 2: PEOPLE - GETTING CONNECTED AND ENGAGED
- Understanding the other party preferential system
- Mastering the power of influence and persuasive language patterns to get what you ask for
- Influencing the climate of negotiation to your favor - ambience and power in negotiation
- Avoiding resistance and sustaining influence
- Building trust by establishing rapport - leading and pacing the other party
- Engaging and connecting with others through subtle influencing
- Influence Game - Demonstrating the Power of Persuasion
- Rapport Building - Mirroring, Matching, Pacing and Leading
- Practice Session - Influence, Persuade, Impress and Create Impact
MODULE 3: PEOPLE - UNDERSTANDING HUMAN MOTIVATION, BEHAVIOUR AND ATTITUDE/MINDSET
- Leverage and maximize your strengths - best way to negotiate with different types of personality profiles
- Anchoring yourself to your preferred mental state
- Developing the stamina to persevere and not lose steam in long negotiation
- Escalating and de-escalating behavior - control impulsiveness, and saving face on both sides
- Break self-defeating behavior patterns
- Master your mind and using subliminal techniques
- How to condition your mind to get the deal and to ensure negotiation success
- Role Play - Stamina Gym for the Negotiators
- Conditioning Exercise - The Mindset for Negotiation
- Activity - Mind Mastery Techniques to Blow You Away!!
MODULE 4: CONTENT - FISHING FOR INFORMATION AND PREPARING FOR A GOOD NEGOTIATION
- What information to gather and how to go about it
- Impact of timing, location and seating arrangement
- Consider solutions, strategy alternatives and the balance of power
- Probing skills to finding the ‘real’ need
- Questioning, leading and guiding through probing
- Interest based vs position based - separate people from the problem
- 1st Negotiation Activity - Preparation and Information Gathering Before the Negotiation
- Briefing - Reflection and Lessons Learnt
- Activity - Questioning and Probing Skills
MODULE 5: APPROACH AND NEGOTIATION STYLES - NEGOTIATE WIN-WIN AGREEMENTS/OUTCOMES
- Assess yours and your opponent’s style, tactics and dominant negotiation strategies
- Practical tactics to avoid being “steamrolled” by the other party
- Conflict styles and their effects: win-win, win-lose, lose-lose negotiation
- Your personal style
- Raising the bar - tools and rules to move negotiations in the right direction to achieve your goals
- Apply and benefit from convincing strategies - match styleI tactics to the issues
- Master the 4-step process towards win-win and mutual gain by growing the pie
- 2nd Negotiation Activity - Strategies and Personal Style (Case Study)
- XY Game - Win/Lose Negotiation
- Case Study - Tactics and Strategies Used by Top Negotiators
MODULE 6: POWERFUL TACTICES - OVERCOMING DEADLOCKS AND BLUFFING
- Tactics you have to know to overcome deadlocks
- Dealing with bluffing, manipulation and dirty tricks
- Words and language that could swing the deal for you
- Applying a 6-step process to negotiating conflict
- Becoming a principled negotiator - integrity and ethics test
- Who has the power in negotiation and the importance of authority
- Role Playing - Conflict Resolution and Mitigation
- Activity - Use Of Tactics
MODULE 7: BARGAINING AND PREPARING TO DEAL - THE HEART OF NEGOTIATION
- Distributive and Integrative Bargaining
- Initial stances - preparing offers, generating alternatives, evaluating possible options, identifying ideal outcomes
- Common errors when generating options
- Establishing and agreeing criteria for fairness and common pitfalls when evaluating fairness
- Anticipating possible objections and rejections
- Questioning technique and the art of asking for what you want
- Motivate and engage by reframing ideas and concepts
- Value proposition and learning to compromise
- Increase power using a strong WAP, WATNA and BATNA position
- 3rd Negotiation Activity - Bargaining and Deal Making
- Briefing - Reflection and Lessons Learnt
MODULE 8: PSYCHOLOGY OF CLOSING AND HANDLING CONCERNS
- Psychological closing tactics
- Concept of ecology
- Steps to handle prospects concerns
- What to consider when closing a deal
- Ways to close a deal successfully
- The Zone of Possible Agreement (ZOPA)
- Challenges - accountability and creating an action plan
- Activity - Closing Strategies and ZOPA
- Exercise - Follow Up Action Plan, Template, Checklist
MODULE 9: INDIFFERENCE, OBJECTIONS AND EMOTIONS IN NEGOTIATION
- The A-D-R Approach - acknowledge, diffuse, refocus
- 1C5A Approach to create positive responses to objections and indifference
- Reframing objections to opportunities
- Maintaining composure and confidence
- Managing high negative emotions during negotiation
- Preventing provocations and conflicts in both sides
- Dealing with situations where power is in the hand of the other party
- Role Play - Emotion Management Skills for Negotiators
- Exercise - 1C5A Method To handle Objections and Indifference
MODULE 10: DYNAMIC COMMUNICATION AND PRESENTATION IN NEGOTIATION
- Interpreting body language messages and signals
- Improving your active listening skills - key to success
- Eliminating deletions, distortions, categorizations and filtering in communication
- Overcoming difficult conversations - talking your way out of difficult/win-lose situations
- Fundamentals of dynamics presentation skills in negotiation
- Subliminal language in communication
- Understand the Makings of a Dynamic Presentation
- Role Play - Listening, Body Language, Communication
To make the training effective & thought provoking yet lively & entertaining, the trainer utilizes a combination of various training methodologies including a combination of expert input plus practical sessions including:
- Expert Input, Instructions, comprehensive Notes and Workbook
- Group Discussions, Presentations; Group & Individual Exercises
- Video Clips, Brainstorming Sessions
- Practical Hands On Sessions, Demonstrations, Role Play
- Relevant Games & Activities
- Creative Music, Visualization, Clearing Techniques
- NLP Tools
Certified Master Performance Coach (ICF Approved - International
From DC Psychology International & American Institute of Business Psychology
Certification in Colored Brain Communication
Certification in Human Drivers & Motivation
Certification in Dynamic Speaking
Certification in Curriculum Development
Certification in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
Certification in Hypnotherapy from London College of Clinical Hypnosis (LCCH)
Practitioner in Emotional Intelligence and Emotional Quotient
Practitioner in Gamification
Rachel Khor is currently the Principal Trainer and Chief Learning Strategist with more than 18 years of real, hands on training experience.
Rachel Khor is also a Master Trainer in Negotiation, Sales, Leadership, Positive Work Attitude, Mental Toughness, Peak Performance, Emotional Intelligence and Emotional Drivers, Success Tools and Colored Brain, Creativity and Thinking Outside The Box, Problem Solving Skills, Master Your Mind, Communication, Goal Setting.
She has also undertaken training, consultancy and facilitation projects with various companies, both private and public sectors.
She is a sought after Learning & Development Strategist, People Developer, Trainer, Coach & Mentor. Her training and coaching incorporate effective evaluation methods, powerful techniques of varied disciplines and practical tools for all her learning solutions.
Participants have described her sessions as inspiring, thought provoking, energetic, highly interactive and easy to understand. Based on the belief that every individual has a core genius and the ability to soar given the right opportunities; Rachel's training methodology breaks limiting beliefs, overcomes obstacles and cultivates trust across cultures.
She has presented papers in various national events, seminars including speaking at PSMB Forum and CEO Forum and was rated highly by both the audience and the organizers. She is also able to provide Colored Brain, Emotional Drivers, DISC Personality Profiling and Behavioral Analysis. Her methods follow S.M.A.R.T.I.E.S. principle - specific, measurable, achievable, rewarding, tracked/ timeliness, inspiring, excellence/emotional, small steps; aligned to business needs while strengthening organization’s capability and vision.
She received her training in USA, UK, Australia, Singapore and Malaysia. Prior to starting her own company she has worked with the Singapore Government & was the Conference Director of AIC, an international conference company listed on the London Stock Exchange, based in Australia. She has international exposure having worked for both public organizations as well as private companies in Australia, UK, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia and Qatar.
We have a faculty of specialist and can cater to your organisation's different levels and specific needs.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
“What I like about Rachel is her ability to make a complicated concept or techniques so easy to understand and follow. She mixes no nonsense practical ideas and strategies with creative techniques. This is simply awesome!”. - HR Executive, MIDA
“Our staff enjoy the training. Good job. Well done!” - HR Executive, Munchys
“Excellent and fantastic trainer! Shared real life case examples with us. The course was practical, thought provoking and relatable. Very professional. Well Done!” - Jamal Johan - Supervisor, Petronas Dagangan
“If you want to know everything about excellent customer service, handling complaints and managing angry customers this is the right course for you. Highly recommended!” - Noriawati Bte Harun, executive, Petronas Carigali
“This training has helped me tremendously on a personal and professional capacity. What respect about Rachel is her caring attitude where she takes the time and trouble to stay back after the seminar to advise & provide further guidance”. - Widyawati Mohd Nor, Executive, Fibrecomm Network
“What I learn the most is how you adjust yourself and get along with people. Highly recommended!. Worth to share. Be positive - all the good things will be on your side”. - Siti Kasmah, Executive Secretary, Sarawak Shell Berhad
"Rachel is a great trainer. I’m grateful for her sharing, training & guidance. If I’m given another opportunity to attend her training again, I would love to” -- Oon Gaik Chiou, Bank Officer, UOB Bank Penang
“Rachel conducted 2 workshops on the above topic. The participants gave her excellent rating. They found her training useful, practical, interactive & easy to understand”.- Amir Rashid, Training Manager/ Norashikin Idris, Training Executive, KLAS Airport Services
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive an e-Certificate of Achievement.
1. Online Payment by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.