- Do you want to optimize your purchasing cost?
- Do you want to improve the role you play before the actual purchasing activity?
- Do you want to get the most out of purchasing?
- Do you want to save money and resources for your organization?
- Do you want to learn to persuade suppliers successfully?
- Do you want to understand the supplier’s body language and what they are saying?
- Do you make an impact on the supplier?
- Do you want to understand what techniques the supplier is using?
- Do you want to know the purchasing system to use to get the best value for money?
- Do you want to lean to control your emotions and facial expression at the negotiation table?
- Do you want to increase your bargaining power and stand out among competitors?
- Do you want to build up your communication skills for negotiation?
- Do you want to learn to negotiate with difficult suppliers?
- Are you having problems negotiating with the Generation Y people?
- Do you want to learn how to anticipate suppliers' rejections or difficult questions and handle them easily?
- Do you want to learn to handle objections from your suppliers?
- Do you want to be a better negotiator?
If all your answers are 'YES', you've come to the right course that would help you change the way to see yourself at the NEGOTIATION table!
- Acquire systematic frameworks for analyzing and understanding negotiation
- Assess and heighten your awareness of your strengths and weaknesses as a negotiator
- Create and maximize value in negotiations
- Gain problem-solving techniques for distributing value fairly while strengthening relationships
- Inculcate the ability to deal with difficult negotiators and hard-bargaining tactics
- Learn how to match the process to the context
- Discover how effectively to manage and coordinate across and behind-the-table negotiations
Who Must Attend
Anyone who needs to communicate and negotiate a lot to solve their day-to-day work, business matters and multi-milllon dollars deals.
"The Art of Auctioning"
“Know Your Strengths and Weakness As a Negotiator now” Assessment
Module 1: Purchase Negotiation for Cost Optimization
Purchase Negotiations and Cost Optimization
Purchaser Role Before Negotiation
Five-Stage Process Procurement Negotiation
Workshop – Developing Procurement Strategies Before Negotiations
Module 2: The Power of Persuasion In Procurement Negotiation
How Persuasion Works – The Essential Steps
Persuasive Language Patterns – getting what you want by asking
Logical and Sensible Sequencing to Persuade
Getting Unconscious Concurrence from the Other
Workshop – Demonstrating the Power of Persuasion
Module 3: Preparing for Procurement Negotiation – Persuade, Influence, Impress, Optimize Costs
Anticipating possible objections and rejections
Reframing Ideas and Concepts
Preparing a Strong BATNA Position to Increase Power
Techniques for Impact and Influence
Workshop – Strategies & Preparations for Case Study 1
Module 4: Negotiators' Behaviours and Styles
Visualizing and Reading Your Negotiating Partner
Assessing Yours and the Other’s Negotiating Strategies
Rapport and lasting relationships for Long Term Goals
Developing Stamina to Persevere
Workshop & Role-Play – Stamina Gym for The Negotiators
Procurement Negotiation 1
Participants form into teams and negotiate on the given case study – Test of Strategy, Preparation, Stamina & Capabilities Learnt on Day 1
Module 5: Procurement Tools for Negotiation Cost Optimization
Understanding the Total Cost of Purchasing
Cost Optimization during Sourcing & Selection
Procurement Information Systems for Cost Optimization
Procurement Value Analysis & Costing
Module 6: Procurement Ordering Systems – Selecting Optimal Cost Systems
Module 7: Overcoming Deadlocks & Managing Emotions in Procurement Negotiation
Mitigating and Overcoming Deadlocks, Difficult Situations
Maintaining Composure and Confidence
Preventing Provocations and Conflicts
Role-Playing Conflict Resolution and Mitigation
Module 8: Procurement Strategies and Tactics
Recognizing Tactics Applied by Counterparts
Applying Convincing Strategies
Win-Win: Positional vs Principled Negotiations
Procurement Negotiation 2
Participants form into teams and negotiate on given case study – Test of Strategy, Preparation, Cost Optimization, Purchasing Tools Applied, Negotiation Techniques
This workshop’s methodology is a combination of expert input, Theatrical Improvisation (new) case studies, self-assessment, simulation, group discussions and sharing.
Dr A. BARRAK
Phd, Author-Trainer-Business & Technical Consultant, Trade Negotiator, Change Agent
Barrak specialises in training leaders world class negotiations around the Globe. He has been actively developing customised trainings and conducted them in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, the UAE, Sudan, Mauritania and Turkmenistan.
Senior Negotiator, Lead trainer, he has a clear and comprehensive understanding of what competencies are to be developed to be a successful negotiation. His abundant knowledge and experience addresses every situation in our fast pace business world and everyone is guaranteed to take home valuable learnings useful for their next deal.
Barrak comes to you with more than 40 years of enriched, result-oriented experience in many positions among SMEs, government agencies, multinational and businesses.
Equipped with solid experience and a wide range of state-of-art resources and latest development, his training programs are geared towards competency development.
With only the minimum amount of necessary theory (he says the participants can read his notes later) his training/ speaking sessions are filled with mindset, behavioural and capability change activities. There is always excitement, A-Hah moments in every session at his programs.
Barrak had worked with the Audio-Visual, Automotive, Printing, Property Development, Construction, Timber and Food industries, in capacities ranging from Group Engineer, Manager, Plant Manager, Senior Negotiator, Project Director and Managing Director.
Being a Management Consultant, Management System Auditor, Trainer and Counselor, he had consulted for an even wider range of industries that includes Medical services, Financial institutions, Petroleum industries, Metal, Plastics, Cellulose and Electronic components manufacturers, and the Civil service around the world.
He graduated in Engineering from the Singapore Polytechnic in 1973 and continued with post graduate and continuing studies in Engineering, Social Science, Rubber and Plastics Technology, Training and Development, Radiation Protection, and Quality Management, with a PhD in Organizational Management from Iowa State (US).
Since 2004, he has since been training and consulting for organizations such as PETRONAS, the National Electricity Board, the National Bank, various government ministries and agencies including Parliament House, and large corporations, further to training in Mauritania, Turkmenistan, Abu Dhabi, Sudan, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia and Australia.
Currently, he is a senior resource faculty member for iTrainingExpert.com, continuously design and conduct customised trainings and consultancy for multi-national companies around the world.
As an author, he has recently published his second book via Seaburn Publishing, New York, titled ‘Pre-Emptive Thinking – Managing Problems and Threats,’ that identifies why organizations continue to have problems at their middle management and operational levels in spite of all the systems and what has to be done to resolve this. Being the first book on this thinking, its reviewers expect it to have an international impact similar to creative and critical thinking. He is now writing his third book on Insights of International Strategic Negotiation.
To contact Barrak, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +603 8074 9056.
We have a faculty of specialist and can cater to your organisation's different levels and specific needs.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
“Good And Very Insightful Contents. Plenty Of Case Studies And Practical Exercises Which Help Enhance Understanding. Overall, A Very Good Course Conducted And Presented By Dr Barrak”
“Very useful and stimulates our negotiation skills, explores our weaknesses and strengths in dealing with others."
“I believe that every PETRONAS staff should attend this course to at least have a basic understanding of how negotiation is conducted correctly because the truth is whether we realize or not, working in a multinational company we practice negotiation on a day to day basis”
“Insightful and impactful learning experience, well-complemented with practical real-life examples and thrilling and engaging case studies”
Here are the most recent clients who have undergone the Negotiation Skills trainings"
HENNER, DIALOG ASIA,SARAWAK SHELL BERHAD,
ONE GASMASATER SDN BHD,
INTERGRAPH PROCESS POWER AND OFFSHORE (M) SDN BHD,
IMBASAN TENGGARA SDN BHD,
SONOCO PRODUCT (MALAYSIA) SDN BHD,
GEMALTO SDN BHD,
TOKIO MARINE INSURANS (MALAYSIA) BERHAD,
CENTRAL INDUSTRIAL CORPORATION BERHAD
BOUSTEAD PETROLEUM MARKETING SDN BHD,
SAS INSTITUTE SDN BHD,
JOBSTREET.COM SHARED SERVICES SDN BHD,
POWER INTEGRATIONS MALAYSIA SDN BHD,
TSH RESOURCES BHD,
PREMIUM SOUND SOLUTIONS SDN BHD,
SR TECHNICS SDN BHD,
MCAT BOX OFFICE SDN BHD,
ALUMINIUM COMPANY OF MALAYSIA BERHAD,
SAMSUNG SDI ENERGY MALAYSIA SDN BHD.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
1. Online Payment by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Bank Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.
3. HRD Corp Claimable Courses Skim Bantuan Latihan Khas - Applicable to Malaysian Employer Only