Purchasing or procurement professionals almost always spend the most money in an organization. Often a 5% savings in purchasing costs is similar to a 40% savings in operations cost. It is worthwhile to give more attention to the purchasing function in any organization.
- Do you want to optimize your purchasing cost?
- Do you want to improve the role you play before the actual purchasing activity?
- Do you want to get the most out of purchasing?
- Do you want to save money and resources for your organization?
- Do you want to learn to persuade suppliers successfully?
- Do you want to understand the supplier’s body language and what they are saying?
- Do you make an impact on the supplier?
- Do you want to understand what techniques the supplier is using?
- Do you want to know the purchasing system to use to get the best value for money?
- Do you want to lean to control your emotions and facial expression at the negotiation table?
- Do you want to increase your bargaining power and stand out among competitors?
- Do you want to build up your communication skills for negotiation?
- Do you want to learn to negotiate with difficult suppliers?
- Are you having problems negotiating with the Generation Y people?
- Do you want to learn how to anticipate suppliers' rejections or difficult questions and handle them easily?
- Do you want to learn to handle objections from your suppliers?
- Do you want to be a better negotiator?
If all your answers are 'YES', you've come to the right course that would help you change the way to see yourself at the NEGOTIATION table!
- Acquire systematic frameworks for analyzing and understanding negotiation
- Assess and heighten your awareness of your strengths and weaknesses as a negotiator
- Create and maximize value in negotiations
- Gain problem-solving techniques for distributing value fairly while strengthening relationships
- Inculcate the ability to deal with difficult negotiators and hard-bargaining tactics
- Learn how to match the process to the context
- Discover how effectively to manage and coordinate across and behind-the-table negotiations
Who Must Attend
Anyone who needs to communicate and negotiate a lot to solve their day-to-day work, business matters and multi-milllon dollars deals.
- "The Art of Auctioning"
- “Know Your Strengths and Weakness As a Negotiator now” Assessment
Module 1: Purchase Negotiation for Cost Optimization
- Purchase Negotiations and Cost Optimization
- Purchaser Role Before Negotiation
- Five-Stage Process Procurement Negotiation
- Workshop – Developing Procurement Strategies Before Negotiations
Module 2: The Power of Persuasion In Procurement Negotiation
- How Persuasion Works – The Essential Steps
- Persuasive Language Patterns – getting what you want by asking
- Logical and Sensible Sequencing to Persuade
- Getting Unconscious Concurrence from the Other
- Workshop – Demonstrating the Power of Persuasion
Module 3: Preparing for Procurement Negotiation – Persuade, Influence, Impress, Optimize Costs
- Anticipating possible objections and rejections
- Reframing Ideas and Concepts
- Preparing a Strong BATNA Position to Increase Power
- Techniques for Impact and Influence
- Workshop – Strategies & Preparations for Case Study 1
Module 4: Negotiators' Behaviours and Styles
- Visualizing and Reading Your Negotiating Partner
- Assessing Yours and the Other’s Negotiating Strategies
- Rapport and lasting relationships for Long Term Goals
- Developing Stamina to Persevere
- Workshop & Role-Play – Stamina Gym for The Negotiators
- Procurement Negotiation 1
- Participants form into teams and negotiate on given case study – Test of Strategy, Preparation, Stamina & Capabilities Learnt on Day 1
Module 5: Procurement Tools for Negotiation Cost Optimization
- Understanding the Total Cost of Purchasing
- Cost Optimization during Sourcing & Selection
- Procurement Information Systems for Cost Optimization
- Procurement Value Analysis & Costing
Module 6: Procurement Ordering Systems – Selecting Optimal Cost Systems
- Purchasing Systems
- Contracting Systems
- Tendering Systems
Module 7: Overcoming Deadlocks & Managing Emotions in Procurement Negotiation
- Mitigating and Overcoming Deadlocks, Difficult Situations
- Maintaining Composure and Confidence
- Preventing Provocations and Conflicts
- Role-Playing Conflict Resolution and Mitigation
Module 8: Procurement Strategies and Tactics
- Recognizing Tactics Applied by Counterparts
- Applying Convincing Strategies
- Win – Win: Positional vs Principled Negotiations
Procurement Negotiation 2
This workshop’s methodology is a combination of expert input, Theatrical Improvisation (new) case studies, self-assessment, simulation, group discussions and sharing.
Dr A. BARRAK
Phd, Author-Trainer-Business & Technical Consultant, Trade Negotiator, Change Agent
Barrak specialises in training leaders world class negotiations around the Globe. He has been actively developing customised trainings and conducted them in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, the UAE, Sudan, Mauritania and Turkmenistan.
Senior Negotiator, Lead trainer, he has a clear and comprehensive understanding of what competencies are to be developed to be a successful negotiation. His abundant knowledge and experience addresses every situation in our fast pace business world and everyone is guaranteed to take home valuable learnings useful for their next deal.
Barrak comes to you with more than 40 years of enriched, result-oriented experience in many positions among SMEs, government agencies, multinational and businesses.
Equipped with solid experience and a wide range of state-of-art resources and latest development, his training programs are geared towards competency development.
With only the minimum amount of necessary theory (he says the participants can read his notes later) his training/ speaking sessions are filled with mindset, behavioural and capability change activities. There is always excitement, A-Hah moments in every session at his programs.
Barrak had worked with the Audio-Visual, Automotive, Printing, Property Development, Construction, Timber and Food industries, in capacities ranging from Group Engineer, Manager, Plant Manager, Senior Negotiator, Project Director and Managing Director.
Being a Management Consultant, Management System Auditor, Trainer and Counselor, he had consulted for an even wider range of industries that includes Medical services, Financial institutions, Petroleum industries, Metal, Plastics, Cellulose and Electronic components manufacturers, and the Civil service around the world.
He graduated in Engineering from the Singapore Polytechnic in 1973 and continued with post graduate and continuing studies in Engineering, Social Science, Rubber and Plastics Technology, Training and Development, Radiation Protection, and Quality Management, with a PhD in Organizational Management from Iowa State (US).
Since 2004, he has since been training and consulting for organizations such as PETRONAS, the National Electricity Board, the National Bank, various government ministries and agencies including Parliament House, and large corporations, further to training in Mauritania, Turkmenistan, Abu Dhabi, Sudan, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia and Australia.
Currently, he is a senior resource faculty member for iTrainingExpert.com, continuously design and conduct customised trainings and consultancy for multi-national companies around the world.
As an author, he has recently published his second book via Seaburn Publishing, New York, titled ‘Pre-Emptive Thinking – Managing Problems and Threats,’ that identifies why organizations continue to have problems at their middle management and operational levels in spite of all the systems and what has to be done to resolve this. Being the first book on this thinking, its reviewers expect it to have an international impact similar to creative and critical thinking. He is now writing his third book on Insights of International Strategic Negotiation.
To contact Barrak, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call +603 8074 9056.
ONE GASMASATER SDN BHD,
INTERGRAPH PROCESS POWER AND OFFSHORE (M) SDN BHD,
IMBASAN TENGGARA SDN BHD,
SONOCO PRODUCT (MALAYSIA) SDN BHD,
GEMALTO SDN BHD,
TOKIO MARINE INSURANS (MALAYSIA) BERHAD,
CENTRAL INDUSTRIAL CORPORATION BERHAD
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
1. Online Payment by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.