- Acquire systematic frameworks for analyzing and understanding negotiation
- Assess and heighten your awareness of your strengths and weaknesses as a negotiator
- Create and maximize value in negotiations
- Gain problem-solving techniques for distributing value fairly while strengthening relationships
- Inculcate the ability to deal with difficult negotiators and hard-bargaining tactics
- Learn how to match the process to the context
- Discover how effectively to manage and coordinate across and behind-the-table negotiations
Who Must Attend
Senior managers and anyone who needs to solve their day-to-day work and business matters.
• "The Art of Auctioning"
• “Know Your Strengths and Weakness As a Negotiator now” Assessment
Module 1: Strategic Negotiation
• Understanding Strategic Negotiations and Deal Making
• Four-Stage Process of Negotiation
• Turning Complex Facts to Easy to understand the message
• Workshop – Developing Strategies before your Negotiation
Module 2: The Power of Persuasion In Negotiation
• How Persuasion Works – The Essential Steps for Effective Persuasion
• Persuasive Language Patterns – getting what you want by asking
• Logical and Sensible Sequencing to Persuade
• Workshop – Demonstrating the Power of Persuasion
Module 3: Preparing to Deal – Persuade, Influence, Impress
• Planning to Deal Thoroughly
• Anticipating possible objections and rejections
• Reframing Ideas and Concepts to Engage and Motivate
• Preparing a Strong BATNA Position to Increase Power
• Techniques for Impact and Influence
• Workshop – Strategies & Preparations for Case Study 1
Module 4: Negotiators' Behaviours and Styles
• Visualizing Your Negotiating Partner and Read His/ Her Style
• Assessing Yours and Your Opponent's Negotiating Strategies
• Creating rapport and lasting relationships to sustain Long Term Goals
• Influencing Others Subtly to Connect
• Anchoring Yoursel to Your Preferred Mental State
• Developing the Stamina to Persevere and Not Lose Steam in Long Negotiation
• Workshop & Role-Play – Stamina Gym for The Negotiators
Strategic Negotiation & Deal Making 1
Participants form into teams and negotiate on given case study – Test of Strategy, Preparation, Stamina & Capabilities Learnt on Day 1
Module 5: Overcoming Deadlocks
• Mitigating and Overcoming Deadlocks
• Talking Your Way Out of Difficult Situations
• Applying a Six-Step Process to Negotiating Conflict
• Influencing Through the Other Person’s Strategy
• Achieving Openness
• Role-Playing Conflict Resolution and Mitigation
Module 6: Strategies and Tactics
• Recognizing Tactics Applied by Counterparts
• Knowing How to Counter Dirty Tricks
• Applying Convincing Strategies
• Win – Win: Positional vs Principled Negotiations
• Understanding the Four Step Process Toward Win-Win
• Workshop – Strategies & Preparations for Case Study 2
Module 7: Managing Emotions in the Negotiation Table
• Maintaining Composure and Confidence
• Keeping Negative Emotions in the Dark Pit
• Preventing Provocations and Conflicts in both parties
• Sustaining Influence and Avoiding Resistance
• Leveraging Your Strengths and Values
• Being in Control of Every Word
• Role Play – Emotion Management Skills for Negotiators
Module 8: Negotiating in Green Track
• Breaking Away From Tradition – Where Eagles Dare
• Appealing Your Guts and Assessing Your Logic al Mind
• Calculating Risks and Caution
• Introduction To International Negotiations
Strategic Negotiation Case Study
•Participants form into teams and negotiate on given case study – Test of Strategy, Preparation, Stamina & Capabilities to manoeuvre through various challenges; develop a win-win situation learnt on Day 1 and 2
This workshop’s methodology is a combination of expert input, interactive practical exercises, self assessment, lots of hands-on role-play, group discussions, exercise worksheets, practical projects, presentations & creative music.
Dr A. BARRAK
Phd, Author-Trainer-Business & Technical Consultant, Trade Negotiator, Change Agent
Barrak specialises in training leaders world class negotiations around the Globe. He has been actively developing customised trainings and conducted them in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, the UAE, Sudan, Mauritania and Turkmenistan.
Senior Negotiator, Lead trainer, he has a clear and comprehensive understanding of what competencies are to be developed to be a successful negotiation. His abundant knowledge and experience addresses every situation in our fast pace business world and everyone is guaranteed to take home valuable learnings useful for their next deal.
Barrak comes to you with more than 40 years of enriched, result-oriented experience in many positions among SMEs, government agencies, multinational and businesses.
Equipped with solid experience and a wide range of state-of-art resources and latest development, his training programs are geared towards competency development.
With only the minimum amount of necessary theory (he says the participants can read his notes later) his training/ speaking sessions are filled with mindset, behavioural and capability change activities. There is always excitement, A-Hah moments in every session at his programs.
Barrak had worked with the Audio-Visual, Automotive, Printing, Property Development, Construction, Timber and Food industries, in capacities ranging from Group Engineer, Manager, Plant Manager, Senior Negotiator, Project Director and Managing Director.
Being a Management Consultant, Management System Auditor, Trainer and Counselor, he had consulted for an even wider range of industries that includes Medical services, Financial institutions, Petroleum industries, Metal, Plastics, Cellulose and Electronic components manufacturers, and the Civil service around the world.
He graduated in Engineering from the Singapore Polytechnic in 1973 and continued with post graduate and continuing studies in Engineering, Social Science, Rubber and Plastics Technology, Training and Development, Radiation Protection, and Quality Management, with a PhD in Organizational Management from Iowa State (US).
Since 2004, he has since been training and consulting for organizations such as PETRONAS, the National Electricity Board, the National Bank, various government ministries and agencies including Parliament House, and large corporations, further to training in Mauritania, Turkmenistan, Abu Dhabi, Sudan, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia and Australia.
Currently, he is a senior resource faculty member for iTrainingExpert.com, continuously design and conduct customised trainings and consultancy for multi-national companies around the world.
As an author, he has recently published his second book via Seaburn Publishing, New York, titled ‘Pre-Emptive Thinking – Managing Problems and Threats,’ that identifies why organizations continue to have problems at their middle management and operational levels in spite of all the systems and what has to be done to resolve this. Being the first book on this thinking, its reviewers expect it to have an international impact similar to creative and critical thinking. He is now writing his third book on Insights of International Strategic Negotiation.
To contact Barrak, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +603 8074 9056.
We have a faculty of specialist and can cater to your organisation's different levels and specific needs.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
"This is the best program I have attended. With so much to learn in three days, learning was made possible by one practical application quickly following another."– Raihana Kareem, Project Manager, PETRONAS – 2012
“If you think you have been to negotiation trainings, come to this one, and you will know very soon that you do not know anything about negotiations” – Jason K.H. Lee, Project Manager, M900 Limited, Hong Kong – 2007
Nawarat Training Company Provider iTrainingExpert.com"I have at last learnt the secret that determines the final outcome of negotiations. It is so simple and stunning." – Chagrapun K., General Manager, Nawarat Public Company, Thailand – 2009
"I have been trained in negotiations locally and overseas, but finally I have learnt that further to moving on with the negotiation process, what I need to do to bring about long term success." – Gunasekaran, Independent Salvage Operator – 201
"I always believe what makes a successful team-player are the collective ingredients of will and skill. If you already have the will to be the best in what you do and you desire to learn new skills to give you that competitive edge in making deals, then this programme is highly recommended." – Ashari Arshad, Consultant, CRSG - 200
"I must say that if your primary objective is to learn new skills coupled with your intense desire of improving your negotiation skills, this is without doubt the programme for you." – A Malek Idrus, Manager, PETRONAS Holding Company – 2004
"As a trading analyst, negotiation is what I do every day. This programme has definitely lived up to it’s name of being at an advanced level. I wish the programme was longer." – Zulkifli Zakaria, Executive, LPPG – 2006
“This Negotiation course is an inspiring and motivating training to attend. The trainer helped us to bring out the best in ourselves. Closing deals come easily, effortlessly and abundantly. Yes!” – CG Lee Sales Advisor – Kah Motor Sdn Bhd
“Great trainers with great materials. I like V.A.K.Ad. Now, selling is easy and effortless.” – Saiful Amri, Sales Advisor – The Millennium Auto & Carriage Sdn Bhd
Here are the most recent clients who have undergone the Negotiation Skills trainings:
HENNER, DIALOG ASIA,SARAWAK SHELL BERHAD,
ONE GASMASATER SDN BHD,
INTERGRAPH PROCESS POWER AND OFFSHORE (M) SDN BHD,
IMBASAN TENGGARA SDN BHD,
SONOCO PRODUCT (MALAYSIA) SDN BHD,
GEMALTO SDN BHD,
TOKIO MARINE INSURANS (MALAYSIA) BERHAD,
CENTRAL INDUSTRIAL CORPORATION BERHAD
BOUSTEAD PETROLEUM MARKETING SDN BHD,
SAS INSTITUTE SDN BHD,
JOBSTREET.COM SHARED SERVICES SDN BHD,
POWER INTEGRATIONS MALAYSIA SDN BHD,
TSH RESOURCES BHD,
PREMIUM SOUND SOLUTIONS SDN BHD,
SR TECHNICS SDN BHD,
MCAT BOX OFFICE SDN BHD,
ALUMINIUM COMPANY OF MALAYSIA BERHAD,
SAMSUNG SDI ENERGY MALAYSIA SDN BHD.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.