Coaching and mentoring training has become the most essentials skills that a leader must have!.
As a team leader, the more skilled you are at sharing your experience, expertise and insights through coaching and mentoring, the easier it is to build a positive learning and sharing culture at your workshop.
This will attract and keep quality people within your organisation in a great team environment.
This exclusively designed COACHING AND MENTORING SKILLS course to develop the role of managers (team leaders) as coaches, mentors, counselors and effective motivators.
This training goes beyond traditional management skills to teach team leaders to tap the potential, wisdom and rich experience which resides in every workforce and, likewise, to ensure that team members are receiving the full benefit of their leader's insight and experience. The techniques of coaching and mentoring provide the emotional nourishment and energy needed to transform team members and carry forward the best traditions the company.
An entire value system is communicated throughout an organization by those who mentor others. This is the same way values and ethics are shared in a family - by work and deed.
Mentoring is an effective vehicle for driving your strategy and gaining a competitive edge. Join us now in the next upcoming Coaching and Mentoring Skills workshop as it will truly empower you with the skills, knowledge and attitudes to motivate and develop others in an upbeat and constructive way.
Immediate BENEFITS of the course:
By applying effective coaching and mentoring techniques in your business, you can:
- increase individual, team, and organisation's performance
- increase work productivity and efficiency
- increase employee retention
- foster and develop talents
- encourage 'successes'
- redirect talents to the right path
- repair sore relationships at work
- change attitudes
- boost morale
- inculcate loyalty
By the end of the Coaching & Mentoring course, you will be able to:
- Define what is coaching and mentoring
- Explain the leader’s role in the coaching and mentoring process
- Use the TIIPS coaching model to conduct successful coaching conversations
- Diagnose development level of a coachee based on the goal or task
- Identify the needs of each development needs
- Match different leadership styles to development needs of the coachee
- Prepare and mentor effectively
Who Must Attend
This Coaching and Mentoring skills course is aimed at:
- team leaders
- anyone who manages personnel or who contributes to an individual’s capability development in the workplace.
Module 1: Fundamental of Coaching and Mentoring
- Realize the critical need for coach and mentor in an organization
- Understand the relationship and difference between coaching and mentoring
- Identify common coaching challenges
- Understand when and what to coach
- Examples of coaching opportunities
- Creating leverage through coaching
Module 2: Developing a coaching mindset
- Four levels of awareness for coach
-Know your Thought, Purpose, Values and Emotion
- Creating coaching culture
Module 3: Establishing a Climate of Trust, Credibility, and Rapport for Mentoring
- Inculcate mental framework for communicating interest and desire to be a coach and mentor
- Develop critical listening skills for attaining another person's perspective/point-of-view
- Establish rapport or communication strategy for creating a "privileged relationship”
Module 4 : Leading meaningful Coaching conversation:
- Coaching preparation
- TIIPS Coaching Framework to guide the coachee
- Define Topic
- Establish Impact
- Commitment Plan of actions
- Support and Follow up
Module 5: Handling excuses and resistance
- Excuses and resistance is expected
- Two types of excuses/ resistance
- Steps in managing different types of excuses /resistance
Special modules for Sales leaders
Module 6: Coaching Sales Process
- Analyse what to coach to increase closing rate
- Leverage on field coaching opportunities
- Before – During- After field work coaching
Module 7: Mentoring Methods
- The role of mentor and mentee
- Four Phases in Mentoring
- Starting a mentoring relationship
- Building a mentoring relationship
- Maintaining effective relationship
- Mentoring Plan of actions
Module 8:Understand situational leadership
- Definition of leadership
- Is there only one best leadership style?
- Achieve ‘successes and ‘effectiveness’ in leading a team
Module 9:Diagnosing the development level of the Coachee
- Understand the various development levels of an individual based on the specific goals and tasks
- Identify the characteristic and needs of each development level
Module 10:Matching the leadership style
- Understand the differences between Directive behavior and Supportive behavior
- Four types of leadership styles : Directing, Coaching, Supporting and Delegating
- Matching leadership styles to development needs
Module 11: Action Plan - Putting It All Together
- Commitment and Action Plan (Where do we go from here?)
Integrates learning through role plays, presentations, activities, case studies, presentations, group discussions and reflection.
MS WINNIE CHO
Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons), University of Southern Queensland
Master of Business Administration (University of South Australia)
Diploma of Training and Assessment System (Competency Training Institute of Australia)
Winnie is a trainer and consultant. She is passionate about sales and leadership, Her vision, “Harnessing Inner Potential”, demonstrates her belief in intrinsic capabilities and talents in everyone to succeed. Since she started her training and consultancy career, she has broaden her exposure from pharmaceutical to others industry ranging from financial, FMCG, engineering, communication and entertainment, nutritional, chemical, industrial, construction and others industry. Aside to her busy schedule she is also a wife, and a mother of 3, a fine example of an empowered woman. A person who always strives for the best, and at the same time inspires those around to her to achieve their potential.
Winnie has over 20 years of Sales and senior leadership experience in local and multinational organizations. Her most recent corporate position was as the Sales Director of a renowned and top multinational pharmaceutical company in Malaysia. In that capacity she has managed a team of more than 150 Sales personnel and was responsible for Sales revenue amounting to more than USD 100 million.
She has also gone through three (3) major company mergers and acquisition changes. Her wide-ranging experience in Sales, Marketing, Training and senior leadership equipped her with high versatility and capability in managing and driving organizational changes while maintaining team members’ morale.
Winnie’s expertise includes sales leadership, building high performance team, strategic implementation and so on. Throughout her years as Sales director, she has successfully drove 4 products to Top 10 Malaysia ethical products despite generic challenges. She also has lots of experience in building high performance team which became one of the most recognized field force in the industry.
Winnie has trained people from various industry from manufacturing, engineering, construction, nutrition, education, FMCG, nutrition companies and others. With her vast and practical experience, she will be able to add value to help organizations to be more effective and efficient.
AL RAJHI BANK
Among her participants, Winnie is known for her applicable and job-related content that is delivered in a fun and vibrant pace. Her main strength is her vast amount of on-ground experience in sales and management, where she climbed up the corporate ladder from being a Sales Representative to leading the entire sales organization as the Sales Director. In that respect, the examples that she shares during her training is very relatable to participants. Winnie has exposure in the entire spectrum of a sales organization during her corporate days, and this includes being in sales training. When she is not on corporate training circuit, Winnie does consulting, Winnie is a registered trainer with PSMB /HRDF.
"The trainer knows the subject matter well and the training was very good." Mona Abdullah, Facilities Manager, Hitachi Rail STS Sdn Bhd.
"Before the course, I feel that coaching is just a matter of getting someone to be able to do a job assign to them. During the course, I realise that there is a specific structure and strategy to coach and also to correct undesirable behaviours. After attending the Coaching and Mentoring course, I feel that I understand better how to coach people in a more efficient way. The trainer Dr Dass is full of experience. Thanks so much." Noriah Jaafar, Engineer, Hitachi Rail STS Sdn Bhd.
"Trainer was very good at getting the attention of the participants and has a wealth of knowledge" Imran Sidiq, Commissioning Manager.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
(Fee inclusive of Buffet Lunch, Refreshment, Welcome Pack, Training Materials & Certificate of Achievement)
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. BANK IN CHEQUE
Bank in and then scan the Bank-in slip and email to us before the course commence to confirm your seat.
Courier your cheque payment to our Finance HQ.
*Note that we DO NOT take any payments during the event.
3. BANK IN CASH:You can also pay by cash through bank-in our company bank account.
4. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.