Physical classes are available.
- Do you want to feel confident writing reports, proposals and emails by your superior?
- Do you sometimes stare at the blank page wondering how to churn out a great report that fits the management's requirements?
- Do you want to brush up your grammar to ensure that your emails and reports are error free?
- Do you have the right tone for your different business correspondence?
If your answer is a resounding 'YES', then sign-up immediately and learn the skills you need to starting writing confidently.
How you write and what you write can greatly influence and motivate your target audience. The power of your effective writing skills contributes significantly to organisational productivity, efficiency and profitability in today’s rapidly changing business world.
Meet the challenge of writing business correspondence. This Email and Report Writing skills course teaches skills you need to write and edit all types of business related documents and win the confidence of your superior, colleagues and customers.
This course will provide you with the high level skills necessary to communicate more effectively with your audience. Gain a competitive advantage and develop your ability to write more persuasive and reader-focused documents.
- Easily organize and structure emails and reports clearly
- Confidently write using appropriate style and tone
- Effectively write emails with impact and get quicker responses
- Clearly understand the art of business writing and how to produce results with the power of 'words'
- Conveniently learn to save time through proven tricks of the trade
- Quickly master the principles of good grammar and punctuation
Who Must Attend
This course is designed help you develop business writing skills to increase your efficiency in managing written work.
It is especially suitable for administrative managers, executives and senior managers who would like to enhance their professional writing skills for business.
DAY 1: 9.00am – 4.00pm
LATEST BUSINESS WRITING FORMAT & TREND THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- The 3 golden rules of effective writing
- Understand Today's Reader
- Adopting the ABC of Business Letters - Active, Brief & Concise
- Adopting latest business writing format –Fully Blocked Style - Layout
- Structuring A Business Letter – 4 Step Plan
UNDERSTANDING THE DIFFERENT INTENTIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Enquiry & Replies
- Collection Letters or chasing for something
- Complaint & Reply to Complaints
- Handle Criticism on black and white
WINNING ON PAPER—STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS
- Vary Your Sentence Length and Structure
- Subordinate Secondary Ideas
- Highlight Key Ideas
- Design Your Page Effectively
- Gain Recognition through Your Writing
CHOOSE THE RIGHT TONE THAT PRODUCES THE INTENDED RESULTS
- Writing to Superior
- Writing to Peers
- Writing to Customers
DAY 2: 9.00am – 5.00pm
USE SIMPLE, CLEAR AND CONCISE LANGUAGE – GET RID OF OLD-FASHIONED AND WRONGLY USED LANGUAGE
- Revisit the common old-fashioned expressions in your emails & rewrite in plain simple English
- Go straight to the point to cut reading time
- Use compelling words to excite readers
- Use active verbs instead of passive verbs to create momentum
MASTERING GRAMMAR IN WRITTEN ENGLISH IN REPORTS, EMAILS & LETTERS GRAMMAR-
PARTS OF SPEECH THAT YOU HAVE TO KNOW
- Verbs (Tenses) Simple vs Perfect Tenses and when to use them
- Passive Voice vs Active Voice
- Subject Verb Agreement-
- Common Errors in Grammar to Avoid
- Major problems in sentence structures that you didn't realise (e.g. non-parallel sentences, run-on sentences, sentence fragments, misplaced modifier and etc)
EDIT, REWRITE AND REFINE FOR CLARITY
- Spot of mistakes in tone
- Check for appropriate content
- Proof read grammar before you send the document.
PUTTING IT TOGETHER – ASSESSMENT
- Apply Time Management Techniques to Writing
- Create a Style Manual for Your Office
- Final assessment on several functional reports/ email and business correspondence.
Feedback on what participants have learnt and how the skills can be applied at their workplace
Interactive presentation, sample good reports and emails and lots of practical exercises
Post-Grad Dip in Mgmt Studies (London)
BSc (Hons) Electrical &Electronic Engineering, Imperial College, London
Jon comes with 30 years of corporate experience; 25 years in management and leadership. Prior to training full time, Jon was the Chief Executive Officer of a company and a Director of a Fab 4 Global Consulting Firm.
Jon was with Price Waterhouse as their Senior Manager Training, Asia Pacific in 1993-1995. During this tenure, he is a certified Price Waterhouse Trainer (England). He also holds the certified Malaysian HRDF trainer license (TTT/6151). He has worked and trained experience in the Asia Pacific region; Singapore, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Macau and the Philippines. He has also conducted trainings in the US on a 3-week Computers in our Practice residential course twice.
Jon is well-experienced to train all levels from the C suites to the budding executives.
Due to his substantial work experience, he is happy to share his up and downs, failures and success with no bars held back. Tap on his experience to help you
transform his participants into wiser leaders.
Jon has an excellent command of English & Malay and present impeccably. He presented at public seminars organized by Asia Business Conferences, AIC Regional Conferences and the KPMG Seminar Series. He was a discussion leader for an Asia Business CEO summit and was a keynote speaker in a conference organized by Microsoft, Intel and Hewlett Packard. He has also authored regional magazines-CEO IT, Singapore Financial Post, The Smart Investor and The Executive. He also conducts many English and communication skills courses.
Jon has trained an endless list of clients from firms like LBS Bina Group, Wah Seong, Success Electronics & Transformer Manufacturer, Affin Bank, Bank Islam and iCIMB.
His other clients include Mighty White Bakery, the Food Purveyor, IBM Global Development Centre (GDC), Dell GDC, Airbus Customer Services, Frencken Mechatronics, Infineon Tech, Kimberly Clark, Yara International, Sony SCSM, Telekom Malaysia R&D, Universities (Marlborough, Monash, Newcastle University of Medicine, Xiamen), Cheng Hua Engineering Works, ESRI Malaysia, ePay (M) and etc.
His portfolio of courses include:
Leadership: Innovation & Creativity; Develop the leader in you; 360 degrees People Management; How Excellent Leaders Lead; Transform Managers into Leaders, Sizzling Presentation skills; Emotional Quotient.
Management: For newly promoted Managers; Leadership skills for Managers; Creating positive change; Supervisory skills for executives; Time management; Project Management
English: English Series – Basic (8 days), Intermediate (6 days); Enhance your English (2 days)
Others: Assertive communication; Analytical thinking & problem solving; Business Communication
“This course should be in 3 days because it’s so interesting and so much to pick up. The most valuable lesson that I picked up was the right way to write emails and reports precisely” – Mohd Sarudin, Head of Department, MMC
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.