All successful business relationships are built on equitible CONTRACTS.
Whether it's for procurement, settling disputes through re-negotiation, navigating your way to more advantageous terms and conditions or even dealing with internal departments, contract negotiation is a very HIGH-STAKES game that requires a significant degree of STRATEGY and PERSUASION.
Organizations must know the right negotiators to deploy at the table, the right issues to tackle in every specific session and develop the right process for each unique type of deal. Pricing, delivery and production, quality levels and terms of service are all different issues in a wider negotiation that require their respective set of tools to solve.
In this 2-Day, results-driven program, participants will learn a variety of interpersonal skills and negotiation techniques to create practical and effective solutions to these challenges.
- Improved overall productivity.
- Heightened expertise in negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Greater comfort and effectiveness against confrontational opponents.
- Increased ability to craft mutually beneficial solutions.
- Greater Strategic Influence over any given dispute.
Who Must Attend
Delegates who are well suited for the program include:
- Chief Executive Officers.
- General Managers.
- Board Members and Chairs.
- Business Development Executives.
- Corporate Counsels.
- Communicating Complex Facts and Technical Ideas
- Persuasive Language Patterns – getting what you want by asking
- Logical and Sensible Sequencing to Persuade
- Preparing a Strong BATNA to Increase Power
- Techniques for Impact and Influence
- Practical Workshop – Strategies and Preparations for Case Study 1
- Mental Map of Your Negotiating Partner
- Build Relationships to Sustain Long Term Goals and Strategies
- Subtle Connection to Influence
- Anchor to Preferred Mental State
- Develop the Stamina to Persevere
– Test of Strategy, Preparation, Stamina and Capabilities Learnt on Day 1
- Apply a Six-Step Process to Negotiating Conflict
- Influence Through the Other Person’s Strategy
- Achieve Openness
Module 6: High-Stake Negotiation Strategies and Tactics
- Counter dirty tricks applied by opponents
- Apply Convincing Strategies
- Understand Win–Win: Positional vs Principled Negotiations
- Understand the Four Step Process Toward Win-Win
- Prevent Provocation In Either Direction
- Sustain Influence And Avoid Resistance - Leverage Your Strengths And Value Skills
- Be In Control Of Every Word
- Use Your Intuition As Well As Your Head
-Risks And Caution
- Components Of Culturally Different Communication Styles
- Whorf Hypothesis: 'Language Determines The Nature Of Culture'
- Country Differences In High-Context and Low-Context Communication
- Using Interpreters
Delegates will actively take part in activities ranging from two-party to six-party negotiations, with constantly rotating partners from different backgrounds.
BARRAK ADAMS (Dr)
Phd, Author-Trainer-Business & Technical Consultant, Trade Negotiator, Change Agent
Barrak specialises in training leaders world class negotiations around the Globe. He has been actively developing customised trainings and conducted them in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, the UAE, Sudan, Mauritania and Turkmenistan.
Senior Negotiator, Lead trainer, he has a clear and comprehensive understanding of what competencies are to be developed to be a successful negotiation. His abundant knowledge and experience addresses every situation in our fast pace business world and everyone is guaranteed to take home valuable learnings useful for their next deal.
Barrak comes to you with more than 40 years of enriched, result-oriented experience in many positions among SMEs, government agencies, multinational and businesses. Equipped with solid experience and a wide range of state-of-art resources and latest development, his training programs are geared towards competency development.
With only the minimum amount of necessary theory (he says the participants can read his notes later) his training/ speaking sessions are filled with mindset, behavioural and capability change activities. There is always excitement, A-Hah moments in every session at his programs.
Barrak had worked with the Audio-Visual, Automotive, Printing, Property Development, Construction, Timber and Food industries, in capacities ranging from Group Engineer, Manager, Plant Manager, Senior Negotiator, Project Director and Managing Director.
Being a Management Consultant, Management System Auditor, Trainer and Counselor, he had consulted for an even wider range of industries that includes Medical services, Financial institutions, Petroleum industries, Metal, Plastics, Cellulose and Electronic components manufacturers, and the Civil service around the world.
He graduated in Engineering from the Singapore Polytechnic in 1973 and continued with post graduate and continuing studies in Engineering, Social Science, Rubber and Plastics Technology, Training and Development, Radiation Protection, and Quality Management, with a PhD in Organizational Management from Iowa State (US).
Since 2004, he has since been training and consulting for organizations such as PETRONAS, the National Electricity Board, the National Bank, various government ministries and agencies including Parliament House, and large corporations, further to training in Mauritania, Turkmenistan, Abu Dhabi, Sudan, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia and Australia.
Currently, he is a senior resource faculty member for iTrainingExpert.com, continuously design and conduct customised trainings and consultancy for multi-national companies around the world.
As an author, he has recently published his second book via Seaburn Publishing, New York, titled ‘Pre-Emptive Thinking – Managing Problems and Threats,’ that identifies why organizations continue to have problems at their middle management and operational levels in spite of all the systems and what has to be done to resolve this. Being the first book on this thinking, its reviewers expect it to have an international impact similar to creative and critical thinking. He is now writing his third book on Insights of International Strategic Negotiation.
To contact Barrak for any speaking, training and consultancy engagements, please contact us at +603 8074 9056 | Mobile +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2735 123 or email: info@iTrainingExpert.com
We have a faculty of specialist and can cater to your organisation's different levels and specific needs.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
“Before attending the course, I feel ambiguous on the nature of negotiation and how to handle it. During the course I learn the process and structure for effective negotiation. After the course, I feel confident and assured in preparing for a negotiation. The trainer very professional, gave a lot of personal and industrial insights” – Bryan, Finance associate, Tradeview Global.
“Before attending the course, I wasn’t too hopeful in negotiations especially involving Contracts. After the course, I feel empowered. The trainer has extremely good knowledge and very experienced.” –Darren, General Manager Operations, UBF Maintenance Sdn Bhd.
More testimonies from past participants
"I have at last learnt the secret that determines the final outcome of negotiations. It is so simple and stunning." – Chagrapun K., General Manager, Nawarat Public Company, Thailand – 2009
ONE GASMASATER SDN BHD,
INTERGRAPH PROCESS POWER AND OFFSHORE (M) SDN BHD,
IMBASAN TENGGARA SDN BHD,
SONOCO PRODUCT (MALAYSIA) SDN BHD,
GEMALTO SDN BHD,
TOKIO MARINE INSURANS (MALAYSIA) BERHAD,
CENTRAL INDUSTRIAL CORPORATION BERHAD
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
*This course fee is applicable for online training
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international