This 2-day training session is targeted audience whose work function involves crunching forecasts and budgets. Participants will learn qualitative & quantitative techniques, sensitivity analysis, file consolidation, dynamic version control, form controls and visualization. Quantitative methods include multiple regression analysis and exponential smoothing.
Being an Excel-intensive class, participants are expected to possess a mid-level working knowledge baseline of MS-Excel. The session deep-dives into certain useful Excel functions & tools and breaking them to show their application and null-application.
The class also welcomes persons who would like to understand the forecasting and forecasting process, understand quantitative and qualitative forecasting and acquire the know-how in building robust financial models.
Financial Models covered are the Budgeting Model, Forecasting Model and the 3-Statement Model. The use of MS-Excel is extensive and laptops affixed with Excel 2013 (or higher) with Power Query are required. This program is conducted with practical exercises and case studies.
- Learn to apply statistical and judgmental forecasting techniques.
- Reduce turnaround-time in managing your forecast structure and worksheet process.
- Learn how to version-control multiple forecast worksets.
- Build your own dynamic scenarios with form controls.
Who Must Attend
Required software: Excel 2016 or above.
Required add-in to be set up in Excel: Power Query. Participants need to ensure Power Query is in operational condition before training commences.
Internet connection for participants required.
2 Days ( 9.00 am – 5.00 pm)
MODULE 1: FINANCIAL MODELS
- Introduction & types of financial models
- Program scope
- Financial model structure
- Budgeting & forecasting
- The budgeting & forecasting process
MODULE 2 : BUILDING THE FINANCIAL MODEL
- Building revenue & expense drivers
- Revenue & cost projection
- Modelling the Income Statement & supporting cost centre sheets
- Building the headcount & payroll model
- Projecting the balance sheet
MODULE 3 : FORECASTING METHODS
- Qualitative & quantitative forecasting methods
- Important Excel-related functions & tools
- Forecasting accuracy
- Regression analysis
MODULE 4 : CASHFLOW
- Working capital components, ratios & cash conversion cycle
- Cash flow projection using the direct method
- Free Cash Flow (FCF)
MODULE 5 : FORM CONTROLS
- Essential Form Controls & overview
- Incorporating Form Controls into financial models & sensitivity analysis
MODULE 6 : EXTRACTING AND CONSOLIDATING HISTORICAL ACCOUNTING DATA
- Using Excel tools to extract & consolidate historical data
- Building forecasting working templates from historical data
- Building sensitivity analysis into forecast templates
MODULE 7 : NPV & IRR
- Time value of money & discounted cashflows
- Compounding and Discounting- what’s the difference?
- NPV vs IRR introduction
- Implications of NPV vs IRR in decision-making
- Investment model using NPV, IRR, PMT, PPMT, IPMT
MODULE 8 : INVESTMENT METRICS
- Equity multiple
- Peak capital
MODULE 9 : IMPORTANT EXCEL KNOWLEDGE
- Essential Excel functions in financial modeling- VLOOKUP, SUMIF, SUMIFS, COUNTIF, COUNTIFS, IFERROR, INDEX, MATCH, INDIRECT
- Utilize macros to automate simple tasks
MS-Excel intermediate-to-advance level knowledge required as a pre-requisite. This program is conducted with practical exercises and interactive discussions.
Chartered Accountant, FCCA
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
HRD Corp Certified trainer
Vincent has held financial, continuous improvement and I.T. positions in the banking, shared services and hospitality industry. He is a FCCA, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, Microsoft Certified Trainer, Microsoft Office Specialist and HRD Corp accredited trainer. His previous roles include being an internal change consultant of a global team, a financial shared-services local head and a finance regional head. He currently trains professionals in Excel and Lean Six Sigma covering topics related to finance, business intelligence tools, pivot tables, dashboards, VBA and process improvement.
Vincent brings to you his 20 years’ of work and training experience in multiple industries where he was in charge of financial and business reengineering functions. He also develops complex VBA applications regularly in process improvement projects which requires his expertise.
One of his highest achievements in the role of a Financial Controller for several multinational conglomerates, he was being able to turn a loss making company into a profitable one within the year. Vincent has also managed a portfolio of business improvement projects with realized benefits of USD2 million in the prior year in an international bank.
Vincent has trained employees from Genting Group, Dell, Motorola, Technip, CIMB, Malakoff, Digi, IBM, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Petronas ICT, HSBC.
Vincent adapts a highly practical approach in his training and relates topics he conducts to real life scenarios. Because he is a no-nonsense person, his solid background in financial operations and process re-engineering experience aid him to create a unique training methodology that mimic closely the solutions that are needed in his participants’ organizations.
To contact Vincent, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628
Other professional trainers in this field.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 1 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.