Physical classes are available.
Increasingly, all executives, especially those moving into managerial level need to understand and apply financial know-how in their daily work and know how the business’s operation activities are being captured in the financial reports and what can they do to help improve the business performance.
Gaining financial acumen as part of the management skills is very important for anyone wishing to progress up the career path in any organisation, regardless of their current role and responsibilities.
This 1 day practical course is designed to provide an introduction to accounting and the basic financial knowledge and skills to help you be a step ahead when it comes to taking on more responsibilities in the future, including financial management for your department.
By the end of the Finance for Non Finance Managers course, the delegates will be able to:
- You will understand the objective and purpose of accounting
- You will be familiar with financial statements and their key components and able to read and interpret the financial data to make informed business decisions and to report business performance
- You learn to apply financial analysis to assess profitability, financial risks and credit worthiness of a business
Who Must Attend
- Entrepreneurs & Business Owners
- Managers and Executives from non-accounting department
- Personnel who require accounting knowledge to prepare departmental financial reporting
Total: 7 hours
Day 1 - 4 hours (9: 00am - 1:00pm)
Day 2 - 3 hours (9:00am - 12:00pm)
MODULE 1 : ACCOUNTING 101 MADE SIMPLE
• Business Ecosystem - basis of how financial statements are prepared
• Accounting Concepts and Principles
• Easy way to understand Accounting Equation/ Double Entry System/ Accounting Cycle
• Difference between the Finance and Accounting department
• Form of Businesses
• Activity-Group discussion on what accounting seems scary
MODULE 2 : BALANCE SHEET
• How to read a balance sheet ?
• Understand key concepts of Assets, Liabilities, Equity
• Current vs non-current distinction
• Tangible vs intangible distinction
MODULE 3: PROFIT & LOSS
• How to read Profit & Loss Statement?
• Use Profit and Loss Statement to evaluate performance
• Concept of margins and profit analysis
• Relationship between P&L statement to balance sheet
MODULE 4: CASHFLOW STATEMENT
• Lifeblood of business – Cash Flow Statement
• Relationship between cash flow statement and balance sheet
• 3 streams of cash flow, Operating, Investing &Financing
• Why profit is different from cash
MODULE 5: WHAT TO DO DURING BUSINESS CRISIS LIKE Covid-19 PANDEMIC?
• How to check financial health from cash flow pattern?
• Cash flow tips and tricks using cash calculator
MODULE 6: FINANCIAL RATIO ANALYSIS
• Learn how to size up a company quickly by reading their financial ratios
• Asset Management
• Assessing drivers of company profitability and growth
MODULE 7: TEST YOUR SKILLS NOW
• Post-course test to check if you’ve understood all concepts
• Financial activity session
• Action plan – discuss how your new skills help you at work
Online Instructor Led Virtual Training
Bachelor of Commerce degree (major in Accounting and Finance)
University of Western Australia
Danny has more than 20 years of corporate working experience in a diverse range of industries from manufacturing, logistics, consulting and trading. His last tenure with Quanterm Logistics is the Head of Finance and Accounts. With more than 20 years of combined professional accounting, auditing and taxation exposure, his expertise covers external audit, financial reporting, accounting, GST, corporate and personal tax compliance.
As an approved GST agent with Ministry of Finance in year 2014, he managed a GST consulting & training business and conducted more than 30 public GST seminars for several chamber of commerce and business associations, magazine publisher, accounting firms as well as providing in-house training workshop for GST-registered businesses.
The training clients that he has served included Klang Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Batu Pahat Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Taiping Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Skudai Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Kluang Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Westport Malaysia, Allied Foodservice Equipment Sdn Bhd, SMR HR Group Sdn Bhd, Nouvelle Hotel KL, KFM Holdings Sdn Bhd, Meca HR Group, Universal Media Publishers (M) Sdn Bhd, YME Engineering Sdn Bhd, Paramount Promenade Sdn Bhd, KSB Malaysia Pumps & Valves, Dynamic Venue Sdn Bhd and Goodman Classic (M) Sdn Bhd.
With his corporate working experiences as an accountant, he can share his accounting and finance knowledge and deliver in a practical, fun and interesting manner. He is now developing a programme using experiential learning method (games based) that allow the participants to have a hand-on experience/activity in learning accounting and finance.
To contact Danny Lim, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 1 day(s) before course starts|
(Fee is INCLUSIVE of 6% SST.)
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.