Increasingly, all executives, especially those moving into managerial level need to understand and apply financial know-how in their daily work and know how the business’s operation activities are being captured in the financial reports and what can they do to help improve the business performance.
Gaining financial acumen as part of the management skills is very important for anyone wishing to progress up the career path in any organisation, regardless of their current role and responsibilities.
This 1 day practical course is designed to provide an introduction to accounting and the basic financial knowledge and skills to help you be a step ahead when it comes to taking on more responsibilities in the future, including financial management for your department.
By the end of the Finance for Non Finance Managers course, the delegates will be able to:
- understand the objective and purpose of accounting
- familiar with financial statements and their key components and able to read and interpret the financial data to make informed business decisions and to report business performance
- apply financial analysis to assess profitability, financial risks and credit worthiness of a business
Who Must Attend
- Entrepreneurs & Business Owners
- Managers and Executives from non-accounting department
- Personnel who require accounting knowledge to prepare departmental financial reporting
Total: 7 hours training (1 day online)
MODULE 1 : ACCOUNTING 101 MADE SIMPLE
• Business Ecosystem - basis of how financial statements are prepared
• Accounting Concepts and Principles
• Easy way to understand Accounting Equation/ Double Entry System/ Accounting Cycle
• Difference between the Finance and Accounting department
• Form of Businesses
• Activity-Group discussion on what accounting seems scary
MODULE 2 : BALANCE SHEET
• How to read a balance sheet ?
• Understand key concepts of Assets, Liabilities, Equity
• Current vs non-current distinction
• Tangible vs intangible distinction
MODULE 3: PROFIT & LOSS
• How to read Profit & Loss Statement?
• Use Profit and Loss Statement to evaluate performance
• Concept of margins and profit analysis
• Relationship between P&L statement to balance sheet
MODULE 4: FINANCIAL RATIO ANALYSIS
• Learn how to size up a company quickly by reading their financial ratios
• Asset Management
• Assessing drivers of company profitability and growth
MODULE 5 : TEST YOUR SKILLS NOW
• Post-course test to check if you’ve understood all concepts
• Financial activity session
• Action plan – discuss how your new skills help you at work
Online Instructor Led Virtual Training
Bachelor of Commerce degree (major in Accounting and Finance)
University of Western Australia
Danny has more than 20 years of corporate working experience in a diverse range of industries from manufacturing, logistics, consulting and trading. His last tenure with Quanterm Logistics is the Head of Finance and Accounts. With more than 20 years of combined professional accounting, auditing and taxation exposure, his expertise covers external audit, financial reporting, accounting, GST, corporate and personal tax compliance.
As an approved GST agent with Ministry of Finance in year 2014, he managed a GST consulting & training business and conducted more than 30 public GST seminars for several chamber of commerce and business associations, magazine publisher, accounting firms as well as providing in-house training workshop for GST-registered businesses.
The training clients that he has served included Klang Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Batu Pahat Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Taiping Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Skudai Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Kluang Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Westport Malaysia, Allied Foodservice Equipment Sdn Bhd, SMR HR Group Sdn Bhd, Nouvelle Hotel KL, KFM Holdings Sdn Bhd, Meca HR Group, Universal Media Publishers (M) Sdn Bhd, YME Engineering Sdn Bhd, Paramount Promenade Sdn Bhd, KSB Malaysia Pumps & Valves, Dynamic Venue Sdn Bhd and Goodman Classic (M) Sdn Bhd.
With his corporate working experiences as an accountant, he can share his accounting and finance knowledge and deliver in a practical, fun and interesting manner. He is now developing a programme using experiential learning method (games based) that allow the participants to have a hand-on experience/activity in learning accounting and finance.
To contact Danny Lim, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628
“Before attending the Interpreting Financial Statement online course, I was eager and excited. In the webinar, I learned about how to read financial statements properly. It was a fulfilling experience. Danny, the speaker has a substantial knowledge and is clear in his explanations.” Muhammad Rafiuddin, Business Building Manager, Malaysia Debt Ventures Berhad.
“I wasn’t too confident in reading financial information. I attended this online Interpreting Financial Statement course by iTrainingExpert and learned about the financial terms and important checks that I need to analyse on the forth coming applications for loans. After completing the 2 days interactive webinar, I feel that I am more confident to comment on the financial statements of the applicants and is more precise in my work. I still need to practice along the way to continuously sharpen my skills. The trainer, Danny answered all the questions I asked and made the course so much more interactive.” Muhammad Azry, Business Building Manager, Malaysia Debt Ventures Berhad.
“I came for the course because I need to refresh and learn new financial knowledge. In the program, I learned how to do periodic and consistent financial analysis. The trainer was professional and clear in his explainations, Thanks Danny.” Azmal Mukhsin, Malaysia Debt Ventures Berhad.
“I was very much looking forward to come for the Interpreting Financial Statement course. I picked up the basics of financial statements, Balance Sheet, Profit &Loss and Cashflow Statements as well as the various important ratios. I also learned to analyse the financial statements. I am now clearer and understand financial statements better. Danny, the trainer’s presentation was clear.” Audi Amalina Sinaga, Business Building Manager, Malaysia Debt Ventures Berhad.
“It was quite a struggle to read the financial statements prior to the course. I learned so much on accounting terminologies and what they mean, reading and understanding cashflow statement. I do need to interpret financial statements at work especially our understanding NPL customers’ settlement proposals. I would need to determine if their proposal its genuine or otherwise. After a 2 days online course, I felt calmed, relax and very happy with myself because I was able to calculate and answer to Mr Danny's Lim’s; the trainer’s case study exercises. He helped a lot when he shared how to use the accounting ‘formulas'. Danny gave very loud and clear explanation throughout the training. Good job Danny!!!.” Jamilah Arifin, Malaysia Debt Ventures Berhad.
“Before attending the course, I was not sure what financial indicators to focus on. During the course, I have much clearer understanding about financial statements. After the course, I felt more confident to read Financial Reports. The trainer is very competent!.” Ong Kui Ann, Business Development Manager of Genesis Nutraceuticals Sdn Bhd
“Before attending the course, I was confused when reading the financial statements. This course helped me how to review and understand financial statements well. I have learned a lot during this training. The trainer is friendly and interesting.” PHOEBE FONG, Assistant Manager of Hitachi High-Tech IPC (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 7 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 7 day(s) before course starts|
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.