Physical classes are available.
It is no longer an option for managers not to have a basic working knowledge of finance in their job. Managers wear many hats and shoulder many responsibilities, but arguably the most vital of them all is the one that involves paying attention to the organization's financial vital signs.
Knowing how to accurately interpret financial statements, create more comprehensive Cost/Benefit projections and understanding what key financial data captures from your company's overall productivity is an essential skill set for all EXECUTIVE and MANAGEMENT personnel.
The more financial acumen a manager gains, the more valuable an asset they become to their organization and to the wider market.
Whether you're a start-up trying to accomodate negative cashflow until you break even, or a well-established company where you need to provide KPI assessments based on financial data to ensure shareholder confidence, FINANCIAL KNOWLEDGE is a key advantage in managing business growth and expansion.
This 2-day workshop provides participants with in-depth training on financial techniques and terminology using very hands-on, practical activities and discussions. Whether you're a Line Manager or an Executive Project Manager, these tools will be priceless in your decision-making process.
- INCREASE their financial literacy and vocabulary.
- OBTAIN a competitive edge by understanding the basics principles of accounting and finance.
- EXERCISE budgetary planning and variance analysis.
- MANAGE costs more efficiently overall. For projects, departments, divisions, to the overall organisation.
- ACQUIRE the skills to detect early warning signs of possible financial risk.
- INCORPORATE Financial Tools and Techniques required into effective decision making.
Who Must Attend
All savvy managers and executives in functions like :
- Sales & Marketing
- Production & Engineering
- Human Resources & Finance and Accounting
- Purchasing & Procurement
- R&D / Production Development
- Anyone who is determined to be successful in his / her career
Morning- 9.00am - 1.00pm
MODULE 1: SPEAKING ACCOUNTING
Understanding why accounting / finance is important?
- Know the objective of a business / Organisation
- A brief history of Accounting and the purpose of Financial Reports
MODULE 2: ACCOUNTING FRAMEWORK
- Understand the different between Conceptual Framework and Regulatory Framework
- What are the Fundamental Accounting Concept and assumption used in preparing Accounting Records and why these are being used
MODULE 3: TYPES OF ACCOUNTS
- Differentiate between Assets, Liabilities, Expenses, Income and Equity
- Understanding the Accounting Equation
Assets = Liabilities + Equity
- Differentiate between OPEX and CAPEX
Afternoon session: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
MODULE 4: READING FINANCIALS
- Introduction to the various Financial Statements and their uses
Statement of profit or loss and other comprehensive income
Statement of financial position
Statement of changes in equity
Statement of cash flows
- Tools use in Financial Statement Analysis
Horizontal Analysis (Trend Analysis)
Ratios Analysis – operational ratios, financial ratios and valuation ratios
- Statement of cash flows
The difference between Profit and Cash and why the saying “Cash is King”
How to analyse the statement of cash flows
- Other considerations
How to read Notes to the accounts in Published Financial Statement
Different between Publish Accounts and Management Accounts
What are the Limitations of Ratio Analysis
Morning Session: 9:00am - 1:00pm
MODULE 5: BUILDING BUDGET
Types of budgets
- Differentiate the various types of budgets – Incremental, Zero-based and Rolling
MODULE 6: COMPARING BUDGET APPROACHES
- When and which is better - Top-down or Bottom-up approach?
MODULE 7: BUDGETING AS A PLANNING AND CONTROL TOOL
- Using the budget to control the business and what are the limitation factors.
- Understanding the Budgeting process and its coordination
- How to forecasting sales revenues and expenses and building up the budgets numbers
- When to adjust the budget to reality
Afternoon session: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
MODULE 8: COSTING DECISION
How is Cost being define?
How to differentiate between the direct and indirect cost?
Differentiate the controllable and uncontrollable cost
Cost – Volume – Profit Analysis
- Learning the Contribution formula and thus working with the Break –even Point analysis
- How to decide on the Pricing?
MODULE 9: INVESTMENT APPRAISAL
Understand the basic investment appraisals such as Payback analysis, Return On Investment (ROI) and Net Present Value (NPV) to better make sound decisions.
This Finance for Non Finance Manager's workshop’s methodology is a combination of expert input, interactive practical exercises, self-assessment, lots of hands-on role-play, group discussions, exercise worksheets, practical projects, presentations & creative music
Mr CW TAN
Fellows Member of Chartered Management Accountant - FCMA (UK)
Chartered Accountant (Malaysia)- CA (M’sia)
Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
Competent Toastmaster (CTM)
Mr Tan is a Senior Member (FCMA) of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, CIMA and a member of Malaysian Institute of Accountants, MIA since December 1992. He has been a Council Member of the CIMA Malaysia Divisional Council since 1998 until the Divisional Council dissolved in May 2012. Tan is also a duly certified Competent Toastmaster of Toastmaster International.
Tan has had a long and distinguished career as a Management Accountant in a number of well-known Malaysian and International Companies. He started his career in Finance as an Auditor. In 2000, he joined KNM Berhad as Group Financial Controller and played a pivotal role in KNM’s listing submission. In December 2005, Tan returned to his hometown, Melaka and worked for Coats Thread (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. as Finance Manager and retired in March 2012 to form WFP.
As the pioneer CIMA Global Membership Assessor from Malaysia, Tan is actively involved in giving talks and doing workshops for potential members who wanted to apply for CIMA membership locally as well as in Singapore and has conducted in house training as well as public training programmes on Finance both locally as well as in Cambodia. With the expansion of more overseasGlobal Membership Assessor, Tan is now a Mentor for two new Assessorsin Malaysia.
All in, Tan has more than twenty-three years of hands-on experience in different areas of management and functions in diverse industries such as in auditing, printing, construction, manufacturing, consultancy, engineering and trading. Other than the Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Corporate Finance and Credit Control, some of the other functions include: general management, business development, business strategic planning, performance improvement, quality assurance, human resource management, information technology and management, budgeting and strategic cost management. Tan is also a certified trainer under PMSB, Malaysia. (Certificate No. TTT/6518).
To contact Mr Tan, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628
We have a faculty of specialist and can cater to your organisation's different levels and specific needs.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
“This course taught me the basic and most fundamental lessons on financial management and the co-related topics. I feel so much more confident now that I’ve been well-informed on the details of such an essential subject.”– Regional Manager, Ansell Limited.
“I was uncertain of the financial process before attending this course. I’m happy I’ve gained a wealth of knowledge and understanding on the system of financial reporting during this course. The trainer had excellent knowledge in his field.”– Senior Manager
“I had very little knowledge on how to read financial statement before attending this course and am happy to say that I now understand a lot more about finances after attending this course. I felt the trainer gave us a very clear explanation about accounting.” – Manita, Sapura Industrial Bhd.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 1 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.