You promoted your best workers to be new Supervisors. They are excited with the promotion and are motivated to perform better in their new role. But are they equipped with the right skills set? Do they have good leadership skills? Do they have the people's skills to manage others?
Your new supervisors have spent most of their working life up until now following orders but now they are tasked to lead a team. How can they be able to make the smooth transition in their new leadership role?
This Supervisory Development course provides participants with strategies for effective supervision, and the skills and knowledge required to lead a team or work group in a business environment. This course includes developing plans, providing leadership and supervising the performance of a work team.
By the end of the Supervisory program, participants will be able to:
• Prioritise work and managing their time effectively
• Maintain an organised system to monitor own progress to ensure successful completion of projects/assignments in accordance with given plans
• Build commitment in others for their individual/team objectives
• Hold others accountable for their individual results
• Consistently behave in line with own expressed values and principles
• Communicate effectively
• Manage team performance
Who Must Attend
Supervisors to be, supervisors and newly promoted executives
- Principles of good leadership (Leading Yourself first)
- Understanding Your Own Leadership style
- Understanding what makes people tick
- Discuss What Your Boss, Employees, Peers, and Senior Management Expect from You in Your Supervisory Role
- Define and Discuss the Four Basic Management Functions: Planning, Organizing, Communicating and Monitoring
- Identifying strategies for setting goals
- Discussing and agreeing on goals and responsibilities
- Identifying resources required
- Establishing standards of performance required by the team
- Determining task reporting requirements
- Discuss Advantages and Disadvantages of One-Way and Two-Way Communication, and When to Use Each
- Ask Questions That Get the Answers You Need
- Handling difficult people effectively
- How to create a Motivating and Inspiring Environment
- Discuss How the Behavior Is a Function of Its Consequences
- Demonstrate Rules for Reinforcing Productive Behavior
- Explain how to Avoid Common Reinforcement Mistakes
- Use Delegation as a Motivational Tool
- Develop a Strategy for Solving a Current Employee Motivational Problem
- Understand Key Principles of Managing Time Effectively
- Share Time Management Best Practices
- Explain How to Avoid Typical Time Wasters
- Demonstrate Five Stages of Managing Meetings Effectively
- Select and Prioritize Your Own Next Steps
- Develop an Action Plan for Continuing Professional Development
- Communicating effectively
- Encouraging team decision-making
- Supporting team initiative and interaction
- Allocating tasks and responsibilities
- Negotiating strategies for goal achievement
- Identifying training needs
- Negotiating on task timelines
- Reviewing progress against agreed timelines
- Implementing alternative strategies for task achievement
- Monitoring and reporting team performance
- Providing feedback to individual team members
- Demonstrate Giving and Receiving Criticism Constructively
- Explain How to Minimize Defensiveness in Yourself and Others
- Specify Your Own Coaching Strengths and Weak Spots
- Demonstrate a Five-Step Coaching Discussion Model
- Deliver and Profit from Peer Feedback
Interactive lectures, discussion, Question & Answers
MR MURUGAN PURUSHOTHAMAN
Certified Six Sigma Black Belt holder
Certified HRD Corp Trainer
Certified Corporate Coach
Certified Quality Management Consultant
Mr. Muru brings along 20 years of work experience from the corporate and manufacturing industries, HR & People Management, Operations Management, Quality Management and other fields to bear in his training programs. Muru specializes in areas such as Leadership, Human Resources, Training & Development, Talent Management, and Employee & Industrial Relations.
He has substantial work experience in several big industries such as semiconductor, automotive & electronics at an operations management level and Human Resource & Quality Management. His wealth of experience has given him great insights and firsthand experience in People Management and Operations & Quality Management for thousands of employees. He is also very well versed in Malaysian Employment Law (both EA55 & IRA67) and has conducted many HR & IR training related to these industries.
PROJECT INVOLVEMENT AND CONTRIBUTIONS
During his tenure in Tritex Container (Logistics), his biggest achievement was reviewing the entire Operation Department process with tremendous cost efficiency and reduction of error and rejection rates. The company’s operations became leaner, more efficient and cost efficient.
Mr Muru was also involved in an additional 6 Sigma projects that resulted in big cost saving measures to the companies he served.
For the past 12 years, Muru has been conducting trainings actively and received an excellent track record as an outstanding trainer with an emphasis on his structured training & assessment approach.
He runs trainings for all levels of employees from Line leaders to Senior Managers of Multinational companies and Small Medium Corporations. His training ratings are high and has been labelled by participants as a “high-caliber” and “patient and conscientious” speaker who shares his life experiences well. With his skilful delivery and substantial experience in the corporate world, one can expect to learn advanced technical topics with management skills to be better equipped for the challenges ahead.
HIS CLIENTELE & POPULAR COURSES
Among the clients that he has trained and consulted include:
UEM-Edgenta, Panasonics, Jotun Paints, Avery Dennison, Honda, AUO Sunpower, Ajinomoto, Lipro, Medipro, Pengerang, Cambell Soup,and many more..
B (Hons) Econs – Finance UPM
MEMBER OF :
- American Board Of Neuro Linguistic Programming (ABNLP)
- Malaysia Institute of Management ( MIM )
- Federation of Investment Managers Malaysia (FIMM)
- Malaysia Insurance Institute ( MII )
- ESQ 165 ( Angkatan ke 30 )
- Million Dollar Producer Association ( MDP )
- Lead Trainer For Graduate Employability Management Scheme (GEMS 2.0)
- Trainer For Skim Latihan 1 Malaysia (SL1M)
To contact Syahman for any speaking, training and consultancy engagements, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a faculty of specialists who can cater to your organisation's different levels and specific needs.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
|Sign up 1 pax
|Pay before course starts
|Sign up 1 pax
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts
|Sign up 3 pax or more
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts
(Fee inclusive of Training Materials & Certificate of Achiev
1. Online Payment by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment
integration system through our website.
2. Bank Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via
3. HRD Corp Claimable Courses Skim Bantuan Latihan Khas- Applicable to Malaysian