5S is a process to optimise workplace organization to be clean, lean and efficient.
With this 5S training short workshop-like course, you will learn the fundamental concepts of the 5S’s that will improve quality and productivity. The 5S training includes step-by-step guidelines for achieving the 5S’s as well as a roadmap to implement the 5S’s throughout your entire organization.
We will share many successful 5S success stories throughout the training so you can decide to emulate the best practices around the world.
This is a very practical-based training instead of theory-based. You will be able to go through each of the 5S’s on your own or act as part of a team.
You will be given some case studies / scenario whereby you will transform your workspace from a cluttered, cramped area to a clean and highly functional space.
How this course works for your team?
Starting from Sorting, you will use the 48-hour rule to remove clutter and distracting items from the immediate work area and then create designated locations for everything based on how often it is used in the Set in Order step.
In the next step, Shine, you will concentrate not only on deep cleaning of the space, but strategise on how to keep the area clean at all times.
In steps - Standardize and Sustain, you will learn to expand the 5S’s practice throughout your organization.
How can we help?
By thoroughly studying your needs, we work hand-in-hand with you to help you achieve your positive outcomes and desired results.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Familiarise with each of the five S’s and how each “S” builds upon the previous “S
- Apply the 5S’s to your work area practically
- Develop (or participate in the development of) a 5S Implementation Roadmap
Who Must Attend
All employees in manufacturing and non-manufacturing environments
1 Day Training : 9.00am-5.00pm
MODULE 1: THE 5S’S STEP-BY-STEP
- What is 5S All About?
- An overview of the 5S's.
- The advantages and operational impact of 5S's at the workplace
MODULE 2: SORT- Clearing the Work Area
- How to organize the work area for efficiency and effectiveness and use the "48-Hour Rule."
- A step-by-step guideline to clear clogged the work areas
MODULE 3: SET IN ORDER- Designated Locations
- How to designate "a place for everything" and ensure "everything is in its place."
- What to consider for storing items: storage rationale, storage options, location-specific tips, storage don'ts, using signs and labels and documenting the plan.
MODULE 4: SHINE- Cleanliness and Workplace Appearance
- The three aspects of Shine: Clean, Maintain & Preventive measures to keep it clean.
MODULE 5: STANDARDIZE - Everyone Doing Things the Same Way
- How to design systems that helps ensure that everyone does things the same way with full commitment, standardized training, and a "duplicable" mindset.
MODULE 6: SUSTAIN- Instill It in the Work Culture
- How 5S failed
- How to prevent backsliding
- How to sustain and instill a 5S workplace culture
PIT STOP CHECK
Quiz time to check your progress
MODULE 7: 5S IMPLEMENTATION
- How to plan and implement a 5S initiative.
- An 8-point roadmap to implement the 5S's:
1: Leading a Team; 2: Infrastructure; 3: Communication ; 4: Training; 5: 5S Pilot Tests; 6: Best Practices; 7: Full Roll-Out Plan; 8: Evaluate, Adjust & Reward.
- Interactive presentation & Input
Success stories on 5S & challenges
- Group Activities and Role Plays, Video Demonstration, Think, Pair and Share amongst participating groups
- Debrief sessions after each activity by the Facilitator
Senior Technical Trainer
Bachelor Engineering B.Eng. (Hons) U.M
Six Sigma Black Belt by Motorola University
Project Management Professional PMP©
Mr Venu has been working in Quality and Analytics field for about 12 years. Started is a career after completed his higher education in University Malaya majoring in Material Engineering, with Motorola Semiconductor in 2006. He is practicing Six Sigma Black Belt, with more than 15-year experience.
Obtaining is six sigma training with Motorola, he was not only well versed in the theoretical concept but the hands-on approach in solving complex problems, driving process improvement activities, and quality across an organization.
In later part of his career, he was involved in Big data Analytics, and spend considerable time, on implementing Analytics Concepts, such as Artificial Intelligence on the Manufacturing process, automated decision making and predictive concept manufacturing. He is one of the chosen team to drive Industry 4.0 in Western Digital when the concept started in 2012.
His tenure in Western Digital marked the time where manufacturing process going through automation and data-driven decision making and relying less on human dependent manual labor. His participation in the Industrial 4.0 core team was instrumental to drive this change across an organization. His team was actively involved creating and implementing artificial modelling to reduce effort spend to find the root cause. This much relieved the engineers to focus more on actual improvement and another task instead of firefighting to find root causes.
In his working experience he was exposed to many real-life case studies in engineering and manufacturing. A part of his career, he has been involved actively in training organization in six sigma, process improvement, analytics and other related subjects for the last seven years. He is well versed in his subject matters and deeply passionate about sharing his knowledge with everyone. As a trainer, he truly understands the need for both quality and analytics and how to make both works supplementing each other to bring organization to the new industrial age.
Beside process improvement and analytics, he has also been actively involved in the ISO standard implementation and audit. He is familiar and working with ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO17025. He has been a core tool adviser for IATF16949 during his work experience in automotive semiconductor and precision parts for manufacturing to automotive parts. He has been a risk management advisor for many ISO implementation in a various organization he served and his consulting role later.
In the non-technical area, he has been actively involved in the EICC committee, which later transformed as RBA and Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI). His in-depth knowledge in understanding the manufacturing process, able to translate into the insight on how to comply with the social requirement of the manufacturing process
List of the recent clienteles:
- ST Micro
- Mitsubishi- include participants from Automotive
We have a faculty of specialist and can cater to your organisation's different levels and specific needs.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
1. Online Payment by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.