This workshop give you a solid understanding in bribery and corruption detection and prevention in Malaysia in accordance to the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009 & 2018 (Amendment Act) and other relevant Laws in Malaysia and its application within the organization and the related industries & trade.
Effective 1st June 2020, Section 17A of Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009 imposes strict corporate liability on a commercial organisation for corrupt practices of its employees and/or associated persons where these acts are carried out for the organisation’s benefit or advantage.
The commercial organisation includes companies incorporated in and outside Malaysia that carry on business or any part of a business in Malaysia.
Once Section 17A is triggered, the director, controller, officer, partner or anyone who is concerned in the management of its affairs is deemed to have committed the offence, unless one can prove that the offence was committed without his consent or connivance and the due diligence exercise was conducted to deter corruption.
WHO WILL BE PENALISED?
The top level management (i.e.: directors, managers) are ultimately responsible to ensure that the anti-corruption measures are implemented within and throughout every level of organisation.
Upon conviction, the corporate liability offence carries the following penalties, where a commercial organisation will be:
fined for a sum of not less than 10 times the value of the gratification, or RM1 million, whichever is the higher;
imprisoned for a term of not more than 20 years; or
liable to both
This course is highly recommended to all organisations to learn the ropes of the act and its implication on your business continuity.
This session shall focus on establishing defense methods to the corporate liabilities.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand background, structure and intent of Malaysian Anti-Corruption Act 2009 and Amendment Act 2018 (S. 17A)
- Interpret the requirements for ‘adequate procedures’ as per MACC Act 2009 based on the principles of T.R.U.S.T
- Learn to conduct due diligence within the parameters of legal provisions
- Identify existing / potential ethical conduct within the organization or emanating from 3rd party engagement, which may impact Business Continuity activities
- Avoid Legal Impact(s) due to ineffective management of unethical business conduct.
- Define malpractices & Spotting The Red Flags during the course of hiring, sourcing and contract management and also Account Payables
- Describe the Plan-Do-Check-Act management system and how it relates Adequate Procedures
- Screen Pre-Employment & Whistle-Blowing
- Understand Malpractices Detection & Profile Auditing
- Obtain, collate and preserve of Digital Evidence
Who Must Attend
- Anyone involved in managing corporate governance and integrity practices of the organisation
- Anyone involved in contracting of any kind, especially holding a portfolio for evaluating and sourcing for suppliers, contractors, etc. Whether a team member, project manager, or executive.
- Highly Interactive Session, with a bilateral approach to the subject matter allowing participants to share incidences at respective work locations.
- Breakout Sessions in Virtual Learning / Classroom Face To Face Session
- Case Studies on various reported Cases
- Energiser - Breaking Monotony Sessions
Suresh Kumar is a trained and certified Risk Management professional in the area of Supply Chain Risk Management and Brand Protection. He attained his Bachelor’s Degree in Law from the University of Wolverhampton (UK). He then went on to be trained and certified as an auditor and practitioner in the specialized area of Risk Management under the auspices of United States of America Customs and Border Protection (Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism- CTPAT Standards); and; Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA Standards), Asia. He is also a Human Resources Development Trainer certified by the Human Resources Ministry.
He specialized in providing risk management / assessment services for internal / external associates; Consultation on Supply Chain Security Risk; Brand Standards / Management / Protection; Contract Management; Outsourcing & Subcontracting; and; Human Resources training and development programmes on various specialized topics, predominantly, Risk Management related subject matters, either on an one off or Project basis.
In view of this, he is now working in collaboration with the Malaysian Anti Corruption Commission and the Malaysian Institute of Integrity on Community Development and Awareness programmes in relation to Anti Bribery and Corruption initiatives in Malaysia.
With his background of a law degree, he is able to invoke legal implications in his programmes to make it more comprehensive and value added substance. In addition, his fluency in English and Bahasa Malaysia enables him to conduct training programmes effectively in both languages.
Prior to his involvement in this field, the facilitator has wide working experience throughout his 15 years of working career in the specialized area of Risk Management, Security Management and Investigations (HR, Security (Operational and Information Security) and Safety, Corporate Governance and Ethics). Being a Head of Department in each of this portfolios, he has acquired substantial job related knowledge and experience in sectors comprising of Manufacturing, Telecommunications, Hospitality Management (Brand Standard & Management) and Contract Manufacturing (Brand Protection and Management). He is also a trained Workplace Counselor and by virtue of his portfolio of having to deal with people of different job hierarchy, he has very profound people management skills, negotiation skills and effective interaction skills.
His previous employers and related portfolios are as follows:-
Infineon technologies (M) Sdn Bhd – Security Manager (Backend Manufacturing Plant, Melaka)
Celcom Axiata Sdn Bhd – Manager, Head of Risk Management (Nationwide)
Rennaisance Melaka Hotel (Marriott International) – Loss Prevention and Brand Standard Manager ( Melaka Hotel Facility)
Flextronics Penang - Loss Prevention Manager ( 5 Contract Manufacturing Sites in Penang)
We have a faculty of specialist and can cater to your organisation's different levels and specific needs.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
"I feel eager to enhance and refresh my knowledge.After the training, more informed of the needs to be improved in drafting the contract. The Trainer is knowledgeable and hands-on in delivering the training_Azman- Senior Manager Legal Malakoff Corporation Berhad
"I feel curious about the program before the training. After the training, I feel Sufficient knowledge and to apply at workplace. The trainer is Vast knowledge and experience."_ Shamsul Zahrin- Head of HRAITL Central Spectrum (M) Sdn Bhd
"Before attending the class, I feel excited to learn new matters and to ask questions. The trainer, Mr Moorthi is experienced and provides clear explanation with examples."_ Ramanathan Sinniah-Asst Legal Menager Cenergi sea sdn bhd
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.