Demand for virtual presentations is on the rise. Team meetings, webinars, client meetings, conferences and summits are being held virtually or at least in a hybrid format.
As Working From Home (WFH) is a norm, you will soon make presentations as you demo, present and communicate with those you supervise.
A lot of people fear virtual presentations even more than regular presentations. The reason: in real presentations at least you see who you are talking with, in virtual presentations a lot of times you don’t see them. As a result, you end up speaking into a void with no feedback. When your brain does not get the feedback it needs, it creates all sorts of scary scenarios. You don’t want that.
In this training session, you will gain confidence in conducting your virtual meetings & and learn to engage with your audience to avoid a scary dead silence or awkward online situations.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Speak confidently in video meetings
- Avoid the common pitfalls of speaking in video meetings
- Project a professional video presence & engage others to get you message across effectively
Set up your home studio as video meetings will happen extremely often
Who Must Attend
All levels of executives & managers
i.e. Sales & Marketing, procurement, Finance, Logistics, Admin & Finance, Engineering & Maintenance, Security, IT etc.
Anyone else who would be hosting and participating in Virtual Presentations.
The job title does not matter – if attend video meetings, this will help you to project a good “brand”, because humans will associate your capability to produce results with the image they perceive of you.
You may be in the office presenting to a remote audience, or you are at home presenting to a remote audience that includes senior management in the Head Office.
Session 1: ( 4hours – with breaks in between)
Module 1: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VIRTUAL AND IN-PERSON PRESENTATIONS
- Virtual audience
- Must keep the virtual audience engaged
- Extra - monitor the Chat box
- How to know if they are confused or following you
- Eye contact - how do you make and maintain this throughout your virtual presentation
- A Home/office Studio is mandatory
- Virtual Background,
- Audio not laptop,
- Video desk
- Without visual feedback, your new communication weapons are:
- Power of Your Voice - pitch, tone, rate, volume, silence
- Word choice -Clear, easy to understand & descriptive
- Your body language on camera
- Must communicate to influence their emotions
- Appearance – how casual is formal
Module2: COMMON PITFALLS TO AVOID ON VIRTUAL PRESENTATIONS
Module3: BEFORE THE VIDEO PRESENTATION
- Rehearse – Why, What & How
- Warm up your voice - Morning / afternoon presentations
- Manage pre-performance nerves
- Best time to conduct Virtual Presentations/ Meetings
Module4: LIVE PRESENTATION ON VIDEO
- House rules & what to expect
- Agenda (share screen) –Q&A when?
Main body of the presentation
- Tips on sitting & standing while on camera
- How to have constant Eye contact
- SMILE constantly
- Vocalics – your main weapon of communication on video presentation
- Distracting Body language to avoid
- Chair sway, chair rock
- Project an impressive posture
- Meaningful gestures
Module 5: Ending
- Leave them with a memorable experience that helps them to remember your main points
Work from Home Tasks
Session 2: 3 hours
Module 6: Putting all together
In groups, participants will meet to discuss their performance and areas of improvement.
Module 7: Evaluation & Debriefing
Online learning – instructor led webinar.
Interactive workbook & tasks
Webcam / Mobile phone recording
Tools for this course:
- A list on varying your vocalics and the types of words to use when you speak
- What to do during your presentation
- All the items to check before your virtual presentation
- What to rehearse in your dress rehearsal
Jonathan Chan comes with 30 years of corporate experience; 25 years in management and leadership. Prior to training full time, Jon was the Chief Executive Officer of a company and a Director of a Big 4 Global Consulting Firm.
Jon was with Price Waterhouse as their Senior Manager Training, Asia Pacific as a certified Price Waterhouse Trainer (England). He also holds the Malaysian HRDF trainer license (TTT/6151). He has working and training experience in Asia Pacific; Singapore, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Macau and the Philippines. He has also conducted training in the US on a 3-week ‘Computers in our Practice” residential course twice.
Jon is well-experienced to train all levels from the C suites to the budding executives. With his substantial work experience, he shares his ups and downs, failures and successes with no holds barred. Tap on his experience to help you transform his participants into wiser leaders.
Jon has an excellent command of English & Malay and presents impeccably. He was a keynote speaker in a conference organized by Microsoft, Intel and Hewlett Packard. He was a discussion leader for an Asia Business CEO summit and presented at public seminars organized by Asia Business Conferences, AIC Regional Conferences and the KPMG Seminar Series. He has also authored articles for regional magazines-CEO IT, Singapore Financial Post, The Smart Investor and The Executive. He conducts many English and communication skills courses.
Jon has trained an endless list of clients for firms like LBS Bina Group, Wah Seong, Success Electronics & Transformer Manufacturer, Affin Bank, Bank Islam and iCIMB.
His other clients include Mighty White Bakery, the Food Purveyor, IBM Global Development Centre (GDC), Dell GDC, Airbus Customer Services, Frencken Mechatronics, Infineon Tech, Kimberly Clark, Yara International, Sony SCSM, Telekom Malaysia R&D, Universities (Marlborough, Monash, Newcastle University of Medicine, Xiamen), Cheng Hua Engineering Works, ESRI Malaysia, ePay (M) etc.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
1. Online Payment by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.