Have you been put into a difficult situation at work which you scramble to get out?
Are there times that you feel you feel your head is blocked when you need a new idea?
Sometimes our logical thinking can run out of steam and dry up our creativity.
Which is exactly what businesses need today - a new way of thinking that opens a door they didn't even know existed.
We need lateral thinking to weave themselves out of conflicts and difficult situation.
Lateral thinking is a creative problem-solving tool. It helps generate new ideas by looking at problems from different perspectives. Innovation occurs when many possibilities. The abundance of ideas, regardless of how bizarre, can lead to the one genius idea that boggles the mind and solve your problem!
Lateral Thinking exposes aspects that cannot be seen by logical analysis. However, once a great idea is created, a logical mind runs with it! Lateral thinking inspires while logical thinking executes so they work hand in hand.
We learn mathematics that build our logical thinking a great deal. But we have very few ways to develop and practice lateral thinking. Which is the process of creativity.
Let’s look at steam for example. No one has been able to harness the power of it until some came up with an unorthodox idea that revolutionized the world. History has proven to us that lateral thinking sparked the innovation and logical thinking executed the innovation.
If you want to develop your lateral thinking skills to solve difficulties, which you can see as an opportunity, join us in this intensive and interactive workshop.
Upon completion of this Lateral Thinking skills, you will be able to:
- Create many alternatives which give you options for achieving the purpose
- Be very clear as to where you want to focus your creative energies and what you want as final output
- Find a different and/or better way to seemingly insoluble problems
- Break your thinking patterns to generate new practical ideas
- Enhance your ability to handle conflict and difficult situations effectively
- Turn difficult issues into real opportunities.
- Gain Emotional Control
Who Must Attend
All managers and executive alike who need highly innovative solutions that help them shake up traditional logic and mindsets and bring that creativity and innovation back to the workplace.
2 DAYS TRAINING
Module 1: The Right and Left Brain
- Introducing the workshop Objectives & Facilitator
- Understanding the Right Brain and Left Brain Functions
- Crazy or Illogical or Stupid?
- Exercise: Creative Ice Breaker
Module 2: The Importance of Creative Thinking
- The limitations of logical thinking.
- The Nature of Creativity
- Creative Thinking is Both a Mental and Physical Activity
- Activity: Self-assessment with Creativity Profile
- Exercise: Maximize Creativity By Using Eye Movements
Module 3: The Lateral Thinking Techniques:
- Generating alternative ideas
- Activity: Reverse Brainstorming
- How to use ‘concepts’ as a breeding ground for new ideas.
- Creative Visualization with Mind Maps & Concept Maps
- Exercise: The Elbert Einstein’s Technique
- The discipline of defining your focus
- Sharpening your Senses
- How to generate and use a ‘creative hit list’.
- Video activity: Self-discipline in focus
- Breaking free from the limits of the accepted ways of operating.
- Turning the Impossible to Possible
- Exercise; Transcending Limitations
- Activity: Collapsing Anchors to break free from comfort zone
- Random entry –Enhance Creativity
- Using unconnected input to open up new lines of thinking.
- Activity: Entertaining Heterogeneous Competence
- Exercise: Random Word Technique
- Dealing with Provocative and Difficult Situations
- Explore the nature of perception and how it limits our creativity.
- Programmed & Non-Programmed Situations/Problems
- How to Change Perceptions – Turning into Opportunities
- Exercise: Reframing for Positive Change
Module 4: Handling Difficult People at Work Effectively
- Difficult – Personality or Performance
- Understanding The Mind Factor – Subconscious Mind Programmes
- Understanding The EQ Factor – Self Awareness & Self Management
- Personality EQ Self Assessment – LPI Personality Profile
- Exercise: How to deal with each Personality Profile Effectively
Module 5: Anger Management: Freedom from the Need to Control
- How to loosen the grip of the 'problems' or 'conflicts'
- Managing your "expectation to results" and “attachment to outcome” in solving personal conflict in life.
- Let go of "outcome" without compromising one’s integrity, values or performance
- Liberate from the bondage of 'ego' and 'control freak'
- Exercise: Free yourself from negative emotions that affects your health and experience better relationships with others
- Webinar & Online Learning
- The workshop is highly interactive and participative allowing participants to internalize the concepts and knowledge learnt.
- Real life problems in the office will be dealt with for relevance.
- There is a mixture of lectures, role plays, skill practices, discussions, games, thinking dynamics, simulations, reflective, inductions, incubation and NLP mind programming exercises to integrate learning.
Member of Malaysian Institute of Management
Certified Professional Trainer, MIM
MBA (General) University of Hull, UK
Council of Engineering Institutions (UK) Part I & II
Associate Member of Institute of Electrical Engineers, UK
Graduate Member of Institute of Engineers, Malaysia
ISO Standardization Internal Auditor
NLP Master Trainer Certification, NFNLP US
Certified Master Conversational Hypnotherapist, IAPCH U
Certified Specialist in Neuro-Hypnotic Repatterning, SNLP US
To contact Mr Daniel for any speaking, training and consultancy engagements, please contact us at +603 8074 9056 | Mobile +6012 6869 628 | or email: info@iTrainingExpert.com
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
inclusive of 6% SST
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.