- Commitment to the prevention of failure using FMEA
- Acquisition of knowledge of FMEA and its proper use
- Practice of efficient FMEA development using a clear method and process
By the end of the course, you will be ablve to:
- Describe the purpose of an FMEA and explain the benefits of using FMEAs in both design and process engineering situations.
- Explain the ten steps to conducting an FMEA.
- Contribute effectively to an FMEA team.
- Customize FMEA rating scales.
Who Must Attend
This course is designed for safety and health committee, working project team for OHSAS 18001, managers, Engineers, supervisors, managers, quality professionals. Anyone who will be serving as a member or leader of an FMEA team.
PRE-SECTION: COURSE SCHEDULE
- Time table
- General Terminology
- QA and FMEA
- Overview of FMEA concept
SECTION 1: THE CONCEPT OF FMEA
- Terms & Definition
- Introduction to FMEA
- Core and Advantages
SECTION 2: Methodology
SECTION 3: Procedures
- Step by step guides
- Practical discussion
- Video - 1
SECTION 4: RPN
- Risk Priority Number
- Group Exercise
- Video -2
- Sample of 5M for Fish Bone Diagram
- 7 QC Tools
SECTION 5: GETTING READY
- 4 Stages of Implementation (Training, Planning, Implementing & Auditing)
- Some Tips to Get Started
SECTION 6: TESTING
- General Question
- Asking and Answering
Interactive lectures, discussions, case studies and presentation.
Mr S. Y. LEE
Qualification: B. Eng (US), MIEEE, AMIM, Dip Sc.
Mr LEE, Motorola Six Sigma Green Belt, is extensively involved test development, product engineering, process engineering and handle various manufacturing engineering projects internationally. He comes with 25+ years of experience in semiconductor manufacturing fields and multi-lingual translator.
- MIEEE (member of Institute of Electrical Electronic Engineer, USA)
- AMIM (Associate Malaysia Institute of Management)
- Bachelor Engineering (USA)
- Certificate Chinese Education (Taiwan)
- Diploma in Science (Malaysia)
- Started as a Test & Product Engineer and built the first wafer bump process in National Semiconductor factory in Malaysia.
- Leads various productivity project and process improvement project in the factory.
- Worked in National Semiconductor Malaysia, Singapore and Santa Clara factories for 9 years till Year-2002 as the Senior Engineer.
MOTOROLA / FREESCARE SEMICONDUCTOR
- In 2002, worked in Motorola Semiconductor Kuala Lumpur (currently known as Freescale Semiconductor Malaysia (M) Sdn. Bhd.) as Senior Test Engineer
- 2004, Promoted to Senior Staff Engineer to engage extensively in process, yield and productivity improvement.
- Successfully stabilize one of the most important platforms in the Motorola Kuala Lumpur factory.
- Speedy promotion to head the NPI (New Product Introduction) department to manage a group of product and test engineers in the factory for all new products introduction activities for Motorola Semiconductor Kuala Lumpur.
- Champion and develop GAGE RR Project
- Conducts ATE and tester trainings in Motorola and many trainings in Freescale factories
- 2007- Head of Test-Engineering team for Freescale Semiconductor (Motorola spun off),
- Lead a group of system engineers, ATE application engineers and system admin team
- In charge of various project across in Malaysia, various subcond houses, USA factories and China factories.
- 2010- Setup R&D department and in charge of continuous process improvement
- Spearhead the Change Management board in the organization from 2010- 2012.
- Certified trainer Malaysia government's HRDC (Human Resource Development Council) or PSMB since Dec 2012.
- Clocked in more than 1000 hours of technical trainings for engineering manager, engineers from various fields, technician, supervisor and technical specialist since 1997.
Course conducted includes since 1997:
- 8D Methodology
- Test system
- Digital test methodology
- Analog testing
- Teradyne A575 system
- Serial and parallel communication system
- Daymarc Handler multi site testing in high volume manufacturing,
- Operation Amplifier testing theory, Compact Programming,
- C++ programming for beginners
- MCT tester theory and application,
- One Test Strategy Methodology for productivity and cost saving in high volume manufacturing,
- Source of variation,
- Binary Coded Decimal Communication Protocol in handler, A360 tester programming theory and hardware,
- Teradyne J273 tester hardware and programming methodology,
- Multi Site testing,
- Hot Chuck theory and Procedures for wafer probing,
- Teradyne tester analog hardware oscillation and debugging,
- IMAGE programming, Microcontroller and Microprocessor test time reduction in final testing, J750 test time reduction via system methodology,
- J750 eFrame tester oscillation solution and multi site testing, J750 IGXL 3.40.09 Theory and Conversion, New Product Introduction NPI Maturity Matrix,
- Freescale files transfer system for subcond house KESM and TTM,
- Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility application for engineering,
- Problem Solving tools and Ichikawa diagram,
- Manufacturing best practices,
- Change Management Principles, Maverick Theory and statistical control, Engineering investment and ROI calculation,
- Manufacturing Ground rules, OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency) Calculation,
- ESD Theory
- Lean Manufacturing Initiative and Theory.
Mr Lee is also passionate about sharing his knowledge and skills and lectures in many tertiary institutions throughout Asia Pacific.
He is the technical supervisor for the:
- post-graduate master degree program students’ for MARA university students in Malaysia.
- undergraduates for final year thesis of Monash University, Inti College, KDU, Nottingham University, government SHRDC, as well as various local universities in Malaysia.
To contact SY Lee, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628
“The trainer has good creativity thinking and able to give examples for better understanding. ” Law Siew Kiong, Shell MDS (M) Sdn Berhad.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.