According to the Waste Management and Minimization Compliance to Environmental Quality (Scheduled Waste) Regulations, 2005, “Every waste generator shall ensure that all his employees involved in the identification, handling, labelling, transportation, storage, and spillage or discharge response for scheduled wastes attend training programmes.”
This Waste Mangement requirement for training applies to all employees of waste contractors involved in the handling, transportation and storage of scheduled waste. This workshop is also named as Scheduled Waste Management.
- understand, implement and ensure compliance to the EQA (Scheduled Waste) Regulations 2005
- scheduled wastes will be better managed in a systematic, effective and legal manner.
- identify the legislations governing the use of Chemicals
- describe safe storage methods
- ensure the chemical arrive to the organisation using the proper and correct labels as required by the CPL regulation
- establish a chemical management programme for spillage control and clean-up
- use the appropriate personal protective equipment for the job carried out
- implement a proper procedure in handling chemicals
Who Must Attend
This course is beneficial for:
- All individuals in organizations handling scheduled wastes
- It is equally beneficial for ISO 14001 Working Committee
- Legal Compliance Committee members
- Safety and Health Officers, Executive/ Supervisors, Occupational Safety and Health Committee members and employees working with/ handling Chemicals and Schedule Waste Store
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY & HEALTH ACT WITH REGARDS TO CHEMICAL HANDLING
-Part IV Section 15 of OSHA 514 1994
-Part VI Section 24 of OSHA 514 1994
-CPL Regulation 1997
-Prohibition of Use of Substance (Order) 2000
-USECCH Regulation 2000 & Chemical Registration
MODULE 2: WHAT IS CHEMICAL?
-Chemicals in Part A Schedule 1
-Hazardous Level/ Explosive/ Oxidizing/ Extremely Flammable/ Highly Flammable/ Flammable
MODULE 3: CHEMICALS IN PART B SCHEDULE 1
-Very Toxic/ Toxic/ Corrosive/ Harmful/ Irritant
MODULE 4: CHEMICAL HEALTH RISK ASSESSMENT (CHRA)
-Objective of Assessment
MODULE 5: TOXICOLOGY
-Dose and its relationship to effect
-Routes of Entry
-Types of Toxic Effects
-What is PEL and TLV?
MODULE 6: CHEMICAL SAFETY DATA SHEET (CSDS)
-Objective of CSDS
-15 mandatory information
MODULE 7: CHEMICAL MONITORING
MODULE 8: CHEMICAL HAZARD MANAGEMENT
-Cradle to the Grave Concept
-Receiving and Storage
-Lables and Warning Signs
-LEV and PPE
MODULE 9: CHEMICAL SPILLAGE CONTROL
-Emergency Response Plan
-Tools and PPE for Spillage Control
-Barricade, Evacuation and Containment
MODULE 10: CHEMICAL SAFETY AUDITS
-Chemical Safety Checklist
-Chemical Safety Audit
MODULE 11: SCHEDULED WASTE MANAGEMENT
-Legal Behind Waste Management
-Environment Quality Act 1974 (Schedule Waste Regulation 2005)
-Notification of the generation of scheduled wastes
-Disposal of scheduled wastes
-Treatment of scheduled wastes
-Recovery of material or product from scheduled wastes
-Application for special management of scheduled wastes
-Responsibility of waste generator
-Storage of scheduled wastes
-Labelling of scheduled wastes
-Waste generator shall keep an inventory of scheduled wastes
-Information to be provided by waste generator, contractor and occupier of prescribed premises
-Scheduled wastes transported outside waste generator’s premises to be accompanied by information~ Spill or accidental discharge
Interactive lectures, discussions, case studies and presentation.
We have a faculty of specialist and can cater to your organisation's different levels and specific needs.
For training and advisory services, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at +603 8082 3707 | +603 8074 9056 | +6012 6869 628 | +6018 2175 123
“I was very interested in this course before attending. Learned a lot about scheduled waste during the training. The trainer was very good.”– Hazlin bin Zakaria, Admin Manager, KPJ Selangor Specialist Hospital.
“This is a great training and I encourage anyone who needs to have knowledge on Scheduled Waste to attend this course because I learned so much more about scheduled waste management's practical aspects.” – Tan Ying Yin - Alps Electric
“Through this training, I learned how to prevent spillage, chain line of waste management and proper in preparation. The trainer is excellent in experience of waste management system so I would recommend this workshop.” – Danny Ak Nyatong – Ensco Gerudi
“The course is very useful to my job and I can apply all the aspects that I learned to my daily job immediately.” – Nadimuthu Rengasamy – Ensco Gerudi
“After the course, I am more aware about waste management. The trainer is very friendly and it is a very good course” – Mohd Faisal Ismail – Veterinary Lab Kota Bahru
“I was less knowledgeable on waste management before attending this course. I learned a lot more about it during the training. After it was done, I felt like I had gained good experience. The trainer was very good. I particularly liked the examples he used.”– Nik Mohammad Hakimi, Engineer, Malaysia Transformer Manufacturing Sdn Bhd.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.