As you grow as a leader, you want to make better business decision - strategically and financially for your organization. That’s why business acumen, an intuitive sense of how business work to create profit is indispensable.
This Business Acumen training course will improve your understanding of how operations, finance, marketing, and other functions must work together to create and execute a successful business strategy. You’ll also polish your financial literacy and leadership skills and become more business savvy and make better business.
- Gain a realistic picture of your company’s position, market, and potential
- Examine the external environment and understand how customer and business changes affect your company’s ability to succeed
- Analyze where your business stands in relation to your key competitors and what the future will look like
- Measure the performance of your business using standards that are highly correlated with value creation
- Integrate your competitive analysis and financial metrics to improve your business decision making
- Create an actionable business strategy, get stakeholder buy-in, and develop a complete strategy implementation map
- Improve your business skills by learning the right financial terminology
Who Must Attend
Functional managers who have new or existing responsibilities to help support other departments and the organization as a whole.
- Different types of organizational structures and their purpose
- Organizational depth versus span
- Establishing controls across the span and depth of organizations
Module 2 : Business Terminology and Language
- Understanding Significant Business and Management Terms
- The evolving new age terms
- Important Financial Terms That You should know
- Speaking and Writing the Business Language
Module 3: Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Learning from successful business decision making models
- Peter Drucker’s 5 elements of effective decision making
- Preemptive thinking® – going beyond the Creative and Critical problem solving and decision making
Module 4: The 5 Essential Elements of Business Acumen
- Cash and Cash flow
- Customer and the Supply Chain
- How Each Person Impacts The 5 Elements
Module 5: Understanding Strategy
- A review of some best business strategies & strategies of the oldest companies
- Porter’s 5 forces
- The elements of strategic planning for the Media Industry
- Implementing and managing strategies
- An assessment of failed strategies
Module 6: Internal and External Environment Analysis
- Working with PESTLE
- SWOT analysis of your function and business
- SWOT projects and updating SWOT
- Supply Chain - analyzing its synergy
- Seamless Operations
Module 7: Performance for Profits
- Balanced Scorecard
- Critical Success Factors
- Developing, actioning and updating the Balanced Scorecard
- Performance Management and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Establishing and weighting performance indicators
- Cascading organizational performance to operational performance
- Measuring and monitoring KPIs
Module 8: Actualizing Business Acumen
- How does your business operate
- What are the essential elements of your business
- How does your company make money
- How does your work affect the bottom line
This workshop’s methodology is a combination of expert input, Theatrical Improvisation (new) case studies, self-assessment, simulation, group discussions and sharing.
MS WINNIE CHO
Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons), University of Southern Queensland
Master of Business Administration (University of South Australia)
Diploma of Training and Assessment System (Competency Training Institute of Australia)
Winnie is a trainer and consultant. She is passionate about sales and leadership, Her vision, “Harnessing Inner Potential”, demonstrates her belief in intrinsic capabilities and talents in everyone to succeed. Since she started her training and consultancy career, she has broaden her exposure from pharmaceutical to others industry ranging from financial, FMCG, engineering, communication and entertainment, nutritional, chemical, industrial, construction and others industry. Aside to her busy schedule she is also a wife, and a mother of 3, a fine example of an empowered woman. A person who always strives for the best, and at the same time inspires those around to her to achieve their potential.
Winnie has over 20 years of Sales and senior leadership experience in local and multinational organizations. Her most recent corporate position was as the Sales Director of a renowned and top multinational pharmaceutical company in Malaysia. In that capacity she has managed a team of more than 150 Sales personnel and was responsible for Sales revenue amounting to more than USD 100 million.
She has also gone through three (3) major company mergers and acquisition changes. Her wide-ranging experience in Sales, Marketing, Training and senior leadership equipped her with high versatility and capability in managing and driving organizational changes while maintaining team members’ morale.
Winnie’s expertise includes sales leadership, building high performance team, strategic implementation and so on. Throughout her years as Sales director, she has successfully drove 4 products to Top 10 Malaysia ethical products despite generic challenges. She also has lots of experience in building high performance team which became one of the most recognized field force in the industry.
Winnie has trained people from various industry from manufacturing, engineering, construction, nutrition, education, FMCG, nutrition companies and others. With her vast and practical experience, she will be able to add value to help organizations to be more effective and efficient.
Wipro Unza Intrix
Al Rajhi Bank
The Star Cendena energy
Among her participants, Winnie is known for her applicable and job-related content that is delivered in a fun and vibrant pace. Her main strength is her vast amount of on-ground experience in sales and management , where she climbed up the corporate ladder from being a Sales Representative to leading the entire sales organization as the Sales Director. In that respect, the examples that she shares during her training is very relatable to participants. Winnie has exposure in the entire spectrum of a sales organization during her corporate days, and this includes being in sales training. When she is not on corporate training circuit, Winnie does consulting, Winnie is a registered trainer with PSMB /HRDF.
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 1 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 1 pax|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
|Sign up 3 pax or more|
|Pay 14 day(s) before course starts|
1. ONLINE PAYMENT by Credit card: You can opt to register and pay online with our latest payment integration system through our website.
2. Telegraphic Transfer- You can also opt to use GIRO or telegraphic transfer of payment via international banks.